Windows won\'t start up, Startup Repair doesn\'t load either

kylerosacker

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
I tried turning on my computer today and it gets stuck at the "Starting Windows" logo. It just hangs there indefinitely (usually only takes a couple seconds) and doesn't load. I then tried startup repair, and that just takes me to a black screen. After that, I tried putting in my Windows 7 boot disc to do a clean install, told the BIOS to boot to CD/DVD drive. It tells me to press a key, I do. I get "Windows is loading files" and then it goes back to "Starting Windows" forever, yet again. This happened so suddenly, it was working fine just hours before this. Please help me!

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
Oh dang sounds dire. That happened to my cousins computer and I had plug it into my computer to completely wipe the drive and then reinstall windows. Theres a way to do it through the bios too but I never messed with it. Only use my method as a last resort though because you will lose everything.

kylerosacker

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Okay well, more about my computer, I have it set to boot from an SSD which is my main drive, and then I have a larger standard HDD as my storage drive. I decided to unplug my SSD and try the same CD boot with my HDD as the only hard drive, and it does now go to the "Install Windows" option. Does this mean the SSD is the problem? If so, why does the SSD stop the CD from running? It would annoy me greatly if this is the case, as the SSD was pricey. Anyone willing to give more info on what's happening would be extremely helpful.

kylerosacker

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012

Add-on to what I last said, I suppose my current plan is to install onto the HDD, then wipe the SSD, and attempt to somehow repair it if that's possible. I have built computers before but have little knowledge of hard drives, especially SSDs, this being my first build with one (built the computer in June of this year.)

Edit: as for losing everything, I guess I'm fine with that. So much of what I do is just online anyway, and as for things such as iTunes or Steam, can always redownload, though it is a pain. I just want to be done with this whatever way is possible.