Repeat: System Tray Icon Will Not Hide

Repeated request.
I have posted this question earlier but received no reply.

I have an application when, if active, persists in showing its icon in the
system tray notification area, though I checked 'always hide' in the
properties menu of the taskbar. Is there any way - registry? - to change that
behavior? Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about repeat system tray icon hide

    Patience is a virtue grasshopper. You sometimes don't get an immediate
    answer. Sometimes it takes days for the right person to see the post.

    "louis" <louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Repeated request.
    > I have posted this question earlier but received no reply.
    >
    > I have an application when, if active, persists in showing its icon in the
    > system tray notification area, though I checked 'always hide' in the
    > properties menu of the taskbar. Is there any way - registry? - to change
    > that
    > behavior? Thanks

    What is in your Start Up? Have you checked the Start Up in MsConfig?

    --
    Peter

    "louis" <louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C3E121D-BCA2-428E-8375-A6A762DFE184@microsoft.com...
    > Repeated request.
    > I have posted this question earlier but received no reply.
    >
    > I have an application when, if active, persists in showing its icon in the
    > system tray notification area, though I checked 'always hide' in the
    > properties menu of the taskbar. Is there any way - registry? - to change that
    > behavior? Thanks

    Depends, Louis,

    Do some reading here. Good luck and keep us posted!

    Troubleshooting the Notification Area
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm#na

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

    "louis" <louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Repeated request.
    > I have posted this question earlier but received no reply.
    >
    > I have an application when, if active, persists in showing its icon in the
    > system tray notification area, though I checked 'always hide' in the
    > properties menu of the taskbar. Is there any way - registry? - to change
    > that
    > behavior? Thanks

Microsoft Windows XP