Repeat: System Tray Icon Will Not Hide

September 19, 2005 7:10:02 PM

Repeated request.
I have posted this question earlier but received no reply.

I have an application when, if active, persists in showing its icon in the
system tray notification area, though I checked 'always hide' in the
properties menu of the taskbar. Is there any way - registry? - to change that
behavior? Thanks
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 9:40:41 PM

Patience is a virtue grasshopper. You sometimes don't get an immediate
answer. Sometimes it takes days for the right person to see the post.

"louis" <louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Repeated request.
> I have posted this question earlier but received no reply.
>
> I have an application when, if active, persists in showing its icon in the
> system tray notification area, though I checked 'always hide' in the
> properties menu of the taskbar. Is there any way - registry? - to change
> that
> behavior? Thanks

Anonymous
September 20, 2005 12:48:13 AM

What is in your Start Up? Have you checked the Start Up in MsConfig?

--
Peter

"louis" <louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C3E121D-BCA2-428E-8375-A6A762DFE184@microsoft.com...
> Repeated request.
> I have posted this question earlier but received no reply.
>
> I have an application when, if active, persists in showing its icon in the
> system tray notification area, though I checked 'always hide' in the
> properties menu of the taskbar. Is there any way - registry? - to change that
> behavior? Thanks

September 20, 2005 6:29:54 AM

Depends, Louis,

Do some reading here. Good luck and keep us posted!

Troubleshooting the Notification Area
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm#na

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

!