Icons dragged from Web Page URLs lose their identity

September 19, 2005 8:51:03 PM

Hey guys, not sure where to fix this.
I doubled the size of the Taskbar to accomodate the shortcuts to web pages,
and I drag URL's to the Taskbar. After a few days of use, the icons are
replaced by IE default icons. I don't know how to control this issue.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your time!!
--

Chad
September 20, 2005 12:36:10 AM

In news:A2EB7F9A-F72B-4FC2-9E4B-0C602D1D5EE1@microsoft.com,
Chad <cjstout2003@yahoo.com> had this to say:

> Hey guys, not sure where to fix this.
> I doubled the size of the Taskbar to accomodate the shortcuts to web
> pages, and I drag URL's to the Taskbar. After a few days of use, the
> icons are replaced by IE default icons. I don't know how to control
> this issue.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your time!!

It happens when you delete your temp files. The icon properties are stored
there and when they're deleted the icon reverts to the generic IE icon.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
September 20, 2005 12:36:11 AM

Ah, it HAD to be something easy.
So when I dump temp files, I have to save them. Do you know what the file
extensions are for them?

Thanks, Galen,
--

Chad

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:A2EB7F9A-F72B-4FC2-9E4B-0C602D1D5EE1@microsoft.com,
> Chad <cjstout2003@yahoo.com> had this to say:

> > Hey guys, not sure where to fix this.
> > I doubled the size of the Taskbar to accomodate the shortcuts to web
> > pages, and I drag URL's to the Taskbar. After a few days of use, the
> > icons are replaced by IE default icons. I don't know how to control
> > this issue.
> >
> > Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your time!!
>
> It happens when you delete your temp files. The icon properties are stored
> there and when they're deleted the icon reverts to the generic IE icon.
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his
> trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will
> come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

Related resources
September 20, 2005 5:39:26 AM

In news:F5706848-A3EC-4FA7-A58A-C62E0007EDF3@microsoft.com,
Chad <cjstout2003@yahoo.com> had this to say:

> Ah, it HAD to be something easy.
> So when I dump temp files, I have to save them. Do you know what the
> file extensions are for them?
>
> Thanks, Galen,
>
>> In news:A2EB7F9A-F72B-4FC2-9E4B-0C602D1D5EE1@microsoft.com,
>> Chad <cjstout2003@yahoo.com> had this to say:

>>> Hey guys, not sure where to fix this.
>>> I doubled the size of the Taskbar to accomodate the shortcuts to web
>>> pages, and I drag URL's to the Taskbar. After a few days of use,
>>> the icons are replaced by IE default icons. I don't know how to
>>> control this issue.
>>>
>>> Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your time!!
>>
>> It happens when you delete your temp files. The icon properties are
>> stored there and when they're deleted the icon reverts to the
>> generic IE icon.
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>>
>> "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained
>> his trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you
>> will
>> come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after
>> all."
>>
>> Sherlock Holmes

They are .ico files. You can save them, put them in to a folder in my
documents, and then right click the shortcut, select properties, and
customize them and add the icon easily enough.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
September 20, 2005 1:06:06 PM

I was hoping it would be that easy. Thanks for the time Galen, I REALLY
appreciate your response.
--

Chad

!