Icons dragged from Web Page URLs lose their identity

Hey guys, not sure where to fix this.
I doubled the size of the Taskbar to accomodate the shortcuts to web pages,
and I drag URL's to the Taskbar. After a few days of use, the icons are
replaced by IE default icons. I don't know how to control this issue.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your time!!
--

Chad
4 answers Last reply

    In news:A2EB7F9A-F72B-4FC2-9E4B-0C602D1D5EE1@microsoft.com,
    Chad <cjstout2003@yahoo.com> had this to say:

    > Hey guys, not sure where to fix this.
    > I doubled the size of the Taskbar to accomodate the shortcuts to web
    > pages, and I drag URL's to the Taskbar. After a few days of use, the
    > icons are replaced by IE default icons. I don't know how to control
    > this issue.
    >
    > Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your time!!

    It happens when you delete your temp files. The icon properties are stored
    there and when they're deleted the icon reverts to the generic IE icon.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    Ah, it HAD to be something easy.
    So when I dump temp files, I have to save them. Do you know what the file
    extensions are for them?

    Thanks, Galen,
    --

    Chad

    In news:F5706848-A3EC-4FA7-A58A-C62E0007EDF3@microsoft.com,
    Chad <cjstout2003@yahoo.com> had this to say:

    > Ah, it HAD to be something easy.
    > So when I dump temp files, I have to save them. Do you know what the
    > file extensions are for them?
    >
    > Thanks, Galen,
    >
    >> In news:A2EB7F9A-F72B-4FC2-9E4B-0C602D1D5EE1@microsoft.com,
    >> Chad <cjstout2003@yahoo.com> had this to say:

    >>> Hey guys, not sure where to fix this.
    >>> I doubled the size of the Taskbar to accomodate the shortcuts to web
    >>> pages, and I drag URL's to the Taskbar. After a few days of use,
    >>> the icons are replaced by IE default icons. I don't know how to
    >>> control this issue.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your time!!
    >>
    >> It happens when you delete your temp files. The icon properties are
    >> stored there and when they're deleted the icon reverts to the
    >> generic IE icon.
    >>
    >> Galen
    >> --
    >>
    >> "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained
    >> his trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you
    >> will
    >> come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after
    >> all."
    >>
    >> Sherlock Holmes

    They are .ico files. You can save them, put them in to a folder in my
    documents, and then right click the shortcut, select properties, and
    customize them and add the icon easily enough.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    I was hoping it would be that easy. Thanks for the time Galen, I REALLY
    appreciate your response.
    --

    Chad

    "Galen" wrote:

    > In news:F5706848-A3EC-4FA7-A58A-C62E0007EDF3@microsoft.com,
    > Chad <cjstout2003@yahoo.com> had this to say:

    > > Ah, it HAD to be something easy.
    > > So when I dump temp files, I have to save them. Do you know what the
    > > file extensions are for them?
    > >
    > > Thanks, Galen,
    > >
    > >> In news:A2EB7F9A-F72B-4FC2-9E4B-0C602D1D5EE1@microsoft.com,
    > >> Chad <cjstout2003@yahoo.com> had this to say:
    > >>
    > >> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

    > >> It happens when you delete your temp files. The icon properties are
    > >> stored there and when they're deleted the icon reverts to the
    > >> generic IE icon.
    > >>
    > >> Galen
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained
    > >> his trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you
    > >> will
    > >> come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after
    > >> all."
    > >>
    > >> Sherlock Holmes
    >
    > They are .ico files. You can save them, put them in to a folder in my
    > documents, and then right click the shortcut, select properties, and
    > customize them and add the icon easily enough.
    >
    > Galen
    > --
    >
    > "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his
    > trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will
    > come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all."
    >
    > Sherlock Holmes

Taskbar Icons Windows XP