Do every lcd monitor support HD

rar_roxx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
I want to buy a LCD monitor ..so i want to know whether every LCD monitor supports HD system...i am not aware of this ..so please help me... :hello:

what the market currently refers to as high definition (HD) content is typically:
1280x720 (720p) or 1920x1080 (1080p) in resolution.

therefore if you want to "fullscreen" high definition content you should be looking for a 1920x1080 monitor. granted you can "fit" the video feed to any size monitor at any aspect ratio but you might get black bars on the top/bottom/sides or a reduction in video quality depending on the exact scenario.

remember, panel type also matters. this will affect things such as viewing angle, color accuracy and how well gradients look.

rar_roxx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
hey Thanks....so it means that every LCD or LED monitor supports HD... :p

1 =) HD not supporting means ...that its with the problem with size of the monitor...???? as i am using a CRT monitor ..

2 =).instead of that if i buy a 19" LCD monitor will the resolution matches..so that i could watch with HD.???

if by support you mean "displays hd" then yes. if you want true 1:1 fullscreen though you will need a 1920x1080 monitor.

lcd and led are both lcd panels. the prior (lcd) typically describe units with a ccfl backlight while the latter (led) describe units with a led backlight. the terminology used causes nothing but confusion. in terms of difference there is very little when it comes to lcd/led computer monitors but more of a difference when it comes to very expensive high end televisions.

if you have a screen ratio other than 16:9 (what 1080p content is) then you will get black bars around the video feed. if you aren't running the video feed at its native size (1920x1080 pixels) then you could get some minor quality loss (depending on how different your settings are). if you try to stretch the video so you dont get black bars then you will get some ugly distortion (so dont do that).

quick answer.. technically you could display 1080p content on your crt monitor but it wouldnt be the most ideal display to use. if you had a width of around 1920 pixels (give or take a few) on your desktop resolution and ran the video feed you would get some black bars but the video quality shouldnt be too bad.

getting a 1920x1080 19" monitor (16:9 ratio) will give you a wider monitor increasing how "large" the video looks to you. the content should fit to it fullscreen fine. the only way you'd get black bars is if they put them into the video feed during editing or if using ultra ultra widescreen.

quick answer.. overall viewing experience with 1080 content would be enhanced, but as far as buying a new monitor...it all depends on how much you need/want it. you can watch video just fine on the crt if you accept the limitations you're going to have.

rar_roxx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
Heii ...
Thanx alot....after reading this , i understood alot.....
I learned something from this....
Thank you very much....

In addition i thought of buyin a 23' inch samsung LED Monitor which is very cheap here in my country...which supports HD(1920x108)....

Thank you ..... :) ;) :kaola: