How do I reformat my computer? And...

I have done this once before, but forgot how...the last time I did it, I
didn't have to have a disk...I just started up my comp...and when the blue HP
screen popped up I repeatedly hit a button and it took me into the screen to
reformat...but I don't remember any of it...I NEVER(reapeating for emphasis)
NEVER got a reformat CD when I bought it.

And, if you guys can answer one more question...MY CD Rom doesn't seem to
respond. I asked the HP Instant ppl at one time(which I can't get to work
anymore), and they said it was a registry problem. Any help here?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about reformat computer

    HP Pavilions that ship with Microsoft Windows XP do
    not come with Recovery CDs. Instead, they use a hidden
    space (partition) on the hard drive to store the recovery
    information.

    Read the following article for assistance:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07145&product=71013&dlc=en&lang=en

    Obtaining HP Recovery CDs
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=71013&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07143

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Desperate" wrote:

    | I have done this once before, but forgot how...the last time I did it, I
    | didn't have to have a disk...I just started up my comp...and when the blue HP
    | screen popped up I repeatedly hit a button and it took me into the screen to
    | reformat...but I don't remember any of it...I NEVER(reapeating for emphasis)
    | NEVER got a reformat CD when I bought it.
    |
    | And, if you guys can answer one more question...MY CD Rom doesn't seem to
    | respond. I asked the HP Instant ppl at one time(which I can't get to work
    | anymore), and they said it was a registry problem. Any help here?
    |
    | Thanks

Computers Hewlett Packard Windows XP