I have done this once before, but forgot how...the last time I did it, I
didn't have to have a disk...I just started up my comp...and when the blue HP
screen popped up I repeatedly hit a button and it took me into the screen to
reformat...but I don't remember any of it...I NEVER(reapeating for emphasis)
NEVER got a reformat CD when I bought it.

And, if you guys can answer one more question...MY CD Rom doesn't seem to
respond. I asked the HP Instant ppl at one time(which I can't get to work
anymore), and they said it was a registry problem. Any help here?

Thanks

HP Pavilions that ship with Microsoft Windows XP do
not come with Recovery CDs. Instead, they use a hidden
space (partition) on the hard drive to store the recovery
information.

Read the following article for assistance:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07145&product=71013&dlc=en&lang=en

Obtaining HP Recovery CDs
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=71013&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07143

--