Table of Contents for WINDOWS XP Software

I recently purchs'd. a computer with WinXP installed, and have "scads" of "6
Month offres".
Where's a simple and concise Table of Contents that uses the actual names of
the XP software included...?
(I have the Student Desk, Home Edition)...Thanks Ahead of ...
--
Uncaduck

tRaX

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2004

"Donald V''s" <DonaldVs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

|>I recently purchs'd. a computer with WinXP installed, and have "scads" of "6
|>Month offres".
|>Where's a simple and concise Table of Contents that uses the actual names of
|>the XP software included...?
|>(I have the Student Desk, Home Edition)...Thanks Ahead of ...

Purchase or check out from a library "XP in a Nutshell"
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/book_xpnut2
Very good book that describes all of XP commands and programs.

--

http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/photo/images/photo130.jpg

Donald V''s wrote:
> I recently purchs'd. a computer with WinXP installed, and have "scads" of "6
> Month offres".
> Where's a simple and concise Table of Contents that uses the actual names of
> the XP software included...?

On your invoice, I should think. Otherwise, I know of no way of
knowing what software might be installed on any given computer other
than actually looking on the computer. You'll have to do that for yourself.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

1. Open XP's "Help and Support" and click on "Use Tools to view your computer info....."
2. Click on "Get information about your computer".
3. Then click on "View the status of my system hardware and software"
and look under "System Software - Date Created".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Donald V''s" wrote:

| I recently purchs'd. a computer with WinXP installed, and have "scads" of "6
| Month offres".
| Where's a simple and concise Table of Contents that uses the actual names of
| the XP software included...?
| (I have the Student Desk, Home Edition)...Thanks Ahead of ...
| --
| Uncaduck

Donald,

If your system is like mine [XP Pro SP2] it may not report in quite in the
way Carey says.
A simple check is to Open Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs and see what
you have got installed.

Alternatively try the following
1 Hold down the Windows key and press R. Type in
msinfo32
2 Click OK, wait a little, (up to 60 seconds on some machines) and you will
get System Information with access to the information about hardware and
software on your PC.

Good luck
--
Uncle John