/ Sign-up
Your question

Bi-wire to PC?

  • Speakers
  • Audio
  • Cable
Last response: in Home Audio
August 12, 2012 6:10:05 PM

is there any way to use Bi-Wire speakers (the ones with audio-cables without a plug, right?) on a PC? I have some nice speaker lying around.

More about : wire

August 12, 2012 7:28:32 PM

Lol, you need an amp to power those speakers. Get a receiver that you can plug the computer into, then hook the speakers up to the receiver's amplifier.
August 12, 2012 7:30:11 PM

so what kind of amp are we talking about here ? (I'm sorry I don't even know the basics about this sh!t :)  )
Do you know any prices or links, just to give me an idea? It's not like I want to spend hundreds of dollars on this, but I thougt it might be fun to upgrade from 2.1 to 5.1 :) 
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 12, 2012 8:07:38 PM

If you want to upgrade from 2.1 to 5.1, you'll probably want a 5.1 receiver. You can get a passable 5.1 AVR for as little as $200:

You might also try finding used ones on ebay and craigslist; if you don't need HDMI connectivity you can good used ones with good amplifiers for cheap.
August 13, 2012 6:13:49 AM

no, $ 200 isn't worth it for me, I have a fine set of computer speakers, I was just hoping for an easy upgrade, like a little switch or plug, something silly :)