IE - open new window

I'm running windows XP pro and use IE 6.0.

Currently when I am on a webpage and I left click on a hyperlink, it opens
the link in the same window. Is there a way to change this so that whenever
I left click a link, it opens it in a new window?

I know I can right click a link and select open in new window, I'd just like
a way to simplify this and make it only a single click to achieve this
process.

Thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about open window

    Internet Options - Advanced - "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts".

    If you leave that unchecked, doesn't it do the same thing, open all links in
    a new window?

    "bob" <b2bob@ggmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm running windows XP pro and use IE 6.0.
    >
    > Currently when I am on a webpage and I left click on a hyperlink, it opens
    > the link in the same window. Is there a way to change this so that
    > whenever I left click a link, it opens it in a new window?
    >
    > I know I can right click a link and select open in new window, I'd just
    > like a way to simplify this and make it only a single click to achieve
    > this process.
    >
    > Thank you

    hold down Ctrl key while clicking as norm and the link pops open in a new
    window

    "bob" <b2bob@ggmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm running windows XP pro and use IE 6.0.
    >
    > Currently when I am on a webpage and I left click on a hyperlink, it opens
    > the link in the same window. Is there a way to change this so that
    > whenever I left click a link, it opens it in a new window?
    >
    > I know I can right click a link and select open in new window, I'd just
    > like a way to simplify this and make it only a single click to achieve
    > this process.
    >
    > Thank you

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP