how can i make my system go alot faster..it constantly freezes up?

Empty your temp folders. Defragment your hard drive. From the command prompt
Run chkdsk C: to check the hard drive for errors. If any are found, run
chkdsk C: with the /f suffix to repair the errors (ex: chkdsk c: /f -
where c: is your Windows partition).

Install a good firewall - one that blocks unwanted outbound traffic as well
as unwanted inbound traffic. Then when something tries to connect, out of
the ordinary, you will be flagged. At that point you can disallow that
particular instance either once or permanently. A good FREE firewall is
available here:
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/catalog/products/sku_list_za.jsp?lid=dbtopnav_za

Then check you system for infestations of viruses, spyware, dialers, key
loggers etc.

Download, install, update and run (in that order) the following:

If you don't have any antivirus installed, AVG Antivirus (free) from
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

Ad-Aware (free) from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

SpyBot Search and Destroy (free) from

Microsoft Anti Spyware (free) from

Don't ever go clicking things just because a web site, e-mail, popup or
rogue desktop tells you to! If you are not 101% certain what an action will
do - don't perform that action. Control your clicking finger!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"martha" <martha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how can i make my system go alot faster..it constantly freezes up?

And check temperature, be sure all fans are working at the
proper speed.