No hard drive icons under My Computer

September 19, 2005 11:27:02 PM

Both Hard Drive icons have mysteriously disappeared from My Computer...along
with the removeable media icons (memory sticks from camera).

However! I can still access the Hard Drives through IE...by typing in the
drive letter in the address bar.

I've been going nuts all day over this... :(
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 11:36:02 PM

Do you by any chance have TweakUI (or some other interface tweaking program)
installed? You can "hide" the drives that way.

If not, perhaps installing it will let you "unhide" them.

Download it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

"Elathan" wrote:

> Both Hard Drive icons have mysteriously disappeared from My Computer...along
> with the removeable media icons (memory sticks from camera).
>
> However! I can still access the Hard Drives through IE...by typing in the
> drive letter in the address bar.
>
> I've been going nuts all day over this... :(
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 11:44:09 PM

*whew* Thank you sir! Now I won't have to sign myself into the loonie
bin...well, not yet at least. ;)