Sign in with
Your question

Blu-ray drive no longer plays blu-ray discs

Last response: in Windows 7
December 2, 2012 7:34:17 AM

Hi guys the last couple of days i cannot get my blu-ray player to play blue ray disc's, it was working last week but not it won't. It will play regular cd' and dvd's just not the blu-ray ones.

I use total media theater 3, and it says cannot read this disc.
a b $ Windows 7
December 2, 2012 7:44:30 AM

I had to clean my lens/emitter last time that happened on my laptop
m
l
December 2, 2012 7:55:01 AM

Hmm, that is quite odd have you tried using powerdvd ever? There trial comes with blu ray support. Sometimes blu ray movies come with a little extra encryption with the star wars blu rays for example it would ask me to update my player shrugs and after updating it worked just fine.
m
l
Related resources
December 2, 2012 8:01:56 AM

well i just downloaded powerdvd and it works with that so it must be something with the total media theater 3 any one know how to fix that? i tried unistalling and reinstalling but did the same thing.
m
l
December 2, 2012 8:07:59 AM

I really don't know man! I love! powerdvd for video playback on the computer I feel like you get the best blu ray experience with them flat out!
So it seems like its just a compatibility thing with your player. However, that being said I think its a good thing it was somewhat resolved.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 2, 2012 8:19:27 AM

are you sure that total media theater 3 was not some kind of time limited demo?
m
l
December 2, 2012 8:26:22 AM

no not that i know of, i've had it since before summer. And it doesn't say demo or trial on the cd
m
l
!