Upright Video Game Racing what's in your Pinball Gamesroom

Hi All

I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?

J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG

http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK

Terry C
16 answers Last reply
More about upright video game racing what pinball gamesroom

    I've got four vids along with my pins.

    Spy hunter
    Asteroids
    Space invaders
    Millipede

    --
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.

    Still looking for:
    E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
    E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

    "Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Hi All
    >
    > I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
    > what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
    > to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
    >
    > J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
    >

    > http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
    > WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
    >
    > Terry C

    I've got a 3 player Super Sprint.
    http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=S&game_id=9952
    Great fun and easy for anyone to play. Goes good with any pinball but would
    be really great with High Speed and/or Getaway or any other "car race"
    theams. This game can be easily found and is not too expensive. It is a
    dedicated cabinet and it would be nicer if it could be switched to some
    other overhead racing games, but this is the best game per square foot of
    gameroom space that I have found.

    Greg

    "Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Hi All
    >
    > I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
    > what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
    > to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
    >
    > J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
    >

    > http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
    > WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
    >
    > Terry C

    Out Run.

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!

    In terms of fixability - the older games (i.e. Monaco GP, Turbo, the
    original Sprint, Night Driver) are easier to fix if something goes
    wrong (assuming you have the parts too). Games like Outrun and Power
    Drift are awesome, but if the boards go bunk they are really hard to
    work on (gotta love those dual layered PCB's - and schematics are
    pretty much impossible to find). But what it really boils down to is
    do you want something newer or older? Based on your collection it
    would seem something newer would go with your current setup. Maybe go
    for a Spy Hunter or Pole Position - there seems to be lots of those out
    there so parts should be easier to find than on the older games.

    Mike

    >I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing

    Benson started remaking Atari rush2049 in a standup. I have the sitdown
    and LOVE it.You lose the clutch in the standup and they are still
    fairly new (expensive).

    outrun is a good game
    super sprint is a classic.
    I like ivan stewart off road (almost like toy cars)
    Sitdown daytona and 2049 are fantastic, but large.

    Kirb

    I have a pair of linked Rush 2049 and a Dangerous Curves, (sit down Ducatti
    vs Ferrarri's). Love my driving games.
    Brian
    "Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Hi All
    >
    > I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
    > what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
    > to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
    >
    > J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
    >

    > http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
    > WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
    >
    > Terry C

    You've got a good idea there, Terry.

    I've got a sit down Cruisin USA. I've thought about selling it to make
    room for another pin but we have too much fun with it.

    Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

    "Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
    shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
    city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

    (Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

    Terry C wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
    > what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
    > to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
    >
    > J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
    >

    > http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
    > WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
    >
    > Terry C

    my fav has always been race drivin'

    no idea how reliable it is though... but i love the short-ish tracks and
    the ghost car

    henri

    On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:57:59 +0100, Terry C wrote:

    > Hi All
    >
    > I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
    > what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
    > to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
    >
    > J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
    >

    > http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
    > WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
    >
    > Terry C

    Even though they aren't stand ups - I have a linked pair of Daytona's (a
    twin) and a pair of SF Rush the Rock Alcatraz Edition and I love them both.

    Andy

    "Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Hi All
    >
    > I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
    > what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
    > to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
    >
    > J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
    >

    > http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
    > WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
    >
    > Terry C

    I'd like to see some pictures of the Dangerous Curves. Mine are here (minus
    the MM):

    http://www.charlottepinball.com/andy.htm

    Andy

    "prowlerman99" <prowlerman99@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >I have a pair of linked Rush 2049 and a Dangerous Curves, (sit down Ducatti
    >vs Ferrarri's). Love my driving games.
    > Brian
    > "Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Hi All
    >>
    >> I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
    >> what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
    >> to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
    >>
    >> J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
    >>

    >> http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
    >> WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
    >>
    >> Terry C

    There are actually factory upright versions of Daytona USA. A lot of
    people like that game.

    Wade

    >Thanks for help now bought Sega Scud Race Upright
    >Selling Shadow Pinball must make some room for it
    >£850 ono

    Selling shadow pinball to buy vid game? For shame!

    Kirb

    I'm a vid collector, and driving games are an interesting breed....one
    of the very few vid areas where the current games are better than the
    classics.

    Pole Position is probably the most golden classic of that lot. I have
    one, and it gets boring quickly, though. The boardset also isn't
    extremely reliable. Lots of silver-area games like Night Driver,
    Turbo, etc. Out Run is a great game from the end of the golden classic
    era, and has the cool shaking steering wheel. A real neat one.

    But, there's a ton of newer drivers that are even better (albeit not
    classics), that can be found pretty reasonably:

    Hard Drivin'
    Off Road
    Rush
    Etc, etc.

    Because drivers keep getting better and better, prices on non-new ones
    are very reasonable. A very nice Pole Position is $300-$500 on
    average. Out Run seems to go for $300-$600, etc. Certainly nowhere
    near as expensive as Galaga's and MsPac's tend to be.

    Doh! Forgot Spy Hunter, too.....if that counts! My favorite car game
    :-)

    Doh! Forgot Spy Hunter, too.....if that counts! My favorite car game
    :-)

    Hi

    Thanks for help now bought Sega Scud Race Upright
    Selling Shadow Pinball must make some room for it
    £850 ono

    J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG

    http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
    WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK

    Terry C
    "Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Hi All
    >
    > I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
    > what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
    > to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
    >
    > J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
    >

    > http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
    > WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
    >
    > Terry C

Video Games Video Games Product