Upright Video Game Racing what's in your Pinball Gamesroom

Last response: in Video Games
August 20, 2005 12:57:59 AM

Hi All

I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?

J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG

http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK

Terry C
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 12:58:00 AM

I've got four vids along with my pins.

Spy hunter
Asteroids
Space invaders
Millipede

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

"Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D e5dl5$68o$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...

> Hi All
>
> I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
> what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
> to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
>
> J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
>

> http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
> WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
>
> Terry C

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 12:58:00 AM

I've got a 3 player Super Sprint.
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=S&game_id=99...
Great fun and easy for anyone to play. Goes good with any pinball but would
be really great with High Speed and/or Getaway or any other "car race"
theams. This game can be easily found and is not too expensive. It is a
dedicated cabinet and it would be nicer if it could be switched to some
other overhead racing games, but this is the best game per square foot of
gameroom space that I have found.

Greg

"Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D e5dl5$68o$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...

> Hi All
>
> I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
> what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
> to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
>
> J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
>

> http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
> WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
>
> Terry C

August 20, 2005 12:58:00 AM

Out Run.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

In terms of fixability - the older games (i.e. Monaco GP, Turbo, the
original Sprint, Night Driver) are easier to fix if something goes
wrong (assuming you have the parts too). Games like Outrun and Power
Drift are awesome, but if the boards go bunk they are really hard to
work on (gotta love those dual layered PCB's - and schematics are
pretty much impossible to find). But what it really boils down to is
do you want something newer or older? Based on your collection it
would seem something newer would go with your current setup. Maybe go
for a Spy Hunter or Pole Position - there seems to be lots of those out
there so parts should be easier to find than on the older games.

Mike
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 12:58:00 AM

>I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing

Benson started remaking Atari rush2049 in a standup. I have the sitdown
and LOVE it.You lose the clutch in the standup and they are still
fairly new (expensive).

outrun is a good game
super sprint is a classic.
I like ivan stewart off road (almost like toy cars)
Sitdown daytona and 2049 are fantastic, but large.

Kirb
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 12:58:00 AM

I have a pair of linked Rush 2049 and a Dangerous Curves, (sit down Ducatti
vs Ferrarri's). Love my driving games.
Brian
"Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D e5dl5$68o$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...

> Hi All
>
> I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
> what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
> to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
>
> J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
>

> http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
> WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
>
> Terry C

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 10:18:52 AM

You've got a good idea there, Terry.

I've got a sit down Cruisin USA. I've thought about selling it to make
room for another pin but we have too much fun with it.

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

Terry C wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
> what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
> to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
>
> J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
>

> http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
> WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
>
> Terry C
August 20, 2005 1:02:11 PM

my fav has always been race drivin'

no idea how reliable it is though... but i love the short-ish tracks and
the ghost car

henri

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:57:59 +0100, Terry C wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
> what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
> to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
>
> J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
>

> http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
> WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
>
> Terry C
August 20, 2005 5:12:36 PM

Even though they aren't stand ups - I have a linked pair of Daytona's (a
twin) and a pair of SF Rush the Rock Alcatraz Edition and I love them both.

Andy

"Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D e5dl5$68o$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...

> Hi All
>
> I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
> what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
> to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
>
> J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
>

> http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
> WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
>
> Terry C

August 21, 2005 9:06:07 AM

I'd like to see some pictures of the Dangerous Curves. Mine are here (minus
the MM):

http://www.charlottepinball.com/andy.htm

Andy

"prowlerman99" <prowlerman99@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>I have a pair of linked Rush 2049 and a Dangerous Curves, (sit down Ducatti
>vs Ferrarri's). Love my driving games.
> Brian
> "Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D e5dl5$68o$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>

>> Hi All
>>
>> I am looking to buy a upright video game car racing
>> what would be a reliable machine to buy just want it
>> to go with my Pins what make/model should I go for ?
>>
>> J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow BC Diner ST:TNG
>>

>> http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
>> WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK
>>
>> Terry C

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 10:04:14 AM

There are actually factory upright versions of Daytona USA. A lot of
people like that game.

Wade
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 3:32:53 PM

>Thanks for help now bought Sega Scud Race Upright
>Selling Shadow Pinball must make some room for it
>£850 ono

Selling shadow pinball to buy vid game? For shame!

Kirb
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 4:59:02 PM

I'm a vid collector, and driving games are an interesting breed....one
of the very few vid areas where the current games are better than the
classics.

Pole Position is probably the most golden classic of that lot. I have
one, and it gets boring quickly, though. The boardset also isn't
extremely reliable. Lots of silver-area games like Night Driver,
Turbo, etc. Out Run is a great game from the end of the golden classic
era, and has the cool shaking steering wheel. A real neat one.

But, there's a ton of newer drivers that are even better (albeit not
classics), that can be found pretty reasonably:

Hard Drivin'
Off Road
Rush
Etc, etc.

Because drivers keep getting better and better, prices on non-new ones
are very reasonable. A very nice Pole Position is $300-$500 on
average. Out Run seems to go for $300-$600, etc. Certainly nowhere
near as expensive as Galaga's and MsPac's tend to be.
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 4:59:48 PM

Doh! Forgot Spy Hunter, too.....if that counts! My favorite car game
:-)
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 4:59:49 PM

Doh! Forgot Spy Hunter, too.....if that counts! My favorite car game
:-)
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 11:05:46 PM

Hi