My mouse ate my log in...

I was uninstalling my mouse in XP Pro, due to advice of my nephew, when a
window showed up proclaiming a restart was needed. I pressed OK and that did
it. I now can get to the log on window, with the arrow resting on CANCEL,
which is grayed out. I can get into the BIOS and the Safe Mode window and
when I choose any of the choices (Go to recent good configuration, Safe Mode,
Start Normally, etc.), it goes to a window that says it is going to the
choice but goes to the Log On window which has the arrow resting on the
grayed out CANCEL.
I have replaced the mouse, the keyboard, and the motherboard. It is
firewalled, SP2, and I don't have the disk.
I seriously need help.
--
havin'' fun ain''t easy

"jjdj" <jjdj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was uninstalling my mouse in XP Pro, due to advice of my nephew, when a
> window showed up proclaiming a restart was needed. I pressed OK and that
did
> it. I now can get to the log on window, with the arrow resting on CANCEL,
> which is grayed out. I can get into the BIOS and the Safe Mode window and
> when I choose any of the choices (Go to recent good configuration, Safe
Mode,
> Start Normally, etc.), it goes to a window that says it is going to the
> choice but goes to the Log On window which has the arrow resting on the
> grayed out CANCEL.
> I have replaced the mouse, the keyboard, and the motherboard. It is
> firewalled, SP2, and I don't have the disk.
> I seriously need help.
> --
> havin'' fun ain''t easy

It seems a bit over the top to replace the motherboard because
of a mouse problem.

Since you uninstalled your mouse, it is not surprising that the arrow
no longer moves. Use the tab keys on your keyboard to get to the
desired fields in the logon box! You may then have to re-install your
mouse. You can do it by pressing Ctrl+Esc to launch the Start Menu,
then using the up/down arrow buttons to travel to Settings, Enter
to select, up/down to go to the Control Panel, left/right (and maybe
tab!) do get to Add/Remove Hardware, then Enter to select.

You can do most things without a mouse in Windows. If you think
it's cumbersome then perhaps you should not shoot yourself in the
foot when your nephew says so! :)

: ) VERY good call at the end

Yeah, he's right, just about everything can be done with the keyboard

Jayso

Please reply to this email so I know if i'm right :)

Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
jayso_chinnery@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)