Sign in with
Your question

Install Windows, Windows cannot be install to the disk.

Last response: in Windows 7
December 2, 2012 7:48:00 AM

My computer shutdown by itself this morning randomly not happened often, I thought it was overheated or too much dust inside the case. I shutdown everything to check inside the case, and everything were fine and clean. When I restart my computer, a message told me to, "Press any key to Reboot...." I waited about an hour, the message still there. So i use my reformat/reboot disk to fix, at the part at "Where do you want to install Windows?" I have 3 options:
Disk 0 Partition 1 15.0GB 0.0MB OEM(reserved)
Disk 0 Partition 2 100.0 MB 86MB Primary
Disk 0 Partition 3 916.4 GB 916.3GB System

I choice the Partition 3, at the bottom of the "Install Windows" message "Windows cannot be install to Disk 0 Partition 3. Show details). I still press NEXT, and a message pop up, saying "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the Setup log files for more information.Then I clicked on the "Show details," it says "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

Plz help me =/
a b $ Windows 7
December 2, 2012 8:00:41 AM

you have a dell or and hp that has a system restore partion on the drive (15)g partion. you should be able to restore the computer by hitting an f key at post to start the restore. (if you do it you lose all the data that you had on the hard drive. your hard drive data may still be there i would download hirem boot cd and recorva (sp) data recovery program it free.
if they cant fix your damaged boot file and you want to use a full version windows to install on your drive you have to go into option and use fdisk and remove the system restore and the main hard drive partion and let windows make a new system restore and data partion.
m
l
December 2, 2012 8:19:47 AM

smorizio said:
you have a dell or and hp that has a system restore partion on the drive (15)g partion. you should be able to restore the computer by hitting an f key at post to start the restore. (if you do it you lose all the data that you had on the hard drive. your hard drive data may still be there i would download hirem boot cd and recorva (sp) data recovery program it free.
if they cant fix your damaged boot file and you want to use a full version windows to install on your drive you have to go into option and use fdisk and remove the system restore and the main hard drive partion and let windows make a new system restore and data partion.

I customize my computer:
CPU: Intel i3 2100 3.1QHz
Motherboard: Asus P8Z 68-v LX
Graphic Card: Radeon HD 5750
Memories card: 4GB Ram DDR3
Power supply: 500 Watts
Hard Drive: 1TB

I didn't expect to have his problem, because I have 5 fans inside the case =/
m
l
December 2, 2012 9:20:23 AM

I can't reboot or anything, can someone help me? =/