Deleting programs

September 19, 2005 11:59:01 PM

I some how downloaded a registry cleaner trial version on to my computer. I
have tried to delete it through add and remove programs but i is saying
denied. Now i have this pop-up every time i start and turn off my computer.
And even today it won't even close down. How do i permanetly get rid of it??
Please help!

Thanks

More about : deleting programs

Anonymous
September 20, 2005 12:26:04 AM

Which program is it, so the rest of us do not download it.

"Bratto5" <Bratto5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I some how downloaded a registry cleaner trial version on to my computer. I
> have tried to delete it through add and remove programs but i is saying
> denied. Now i have this pop-up every time i start and turn off my
> computer.
> And even today it won't even close down. How do i permanetly get rid of
> it??
> Please help!
>
> Thanks

September 20, 2005 1:09:41 AM

"Bratto5" <Bratto5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

|>I some how downloaded a registry cleaner trial version on to my computer. I
|>have tried to delete it through add and remove programs but i is saying
|>denied. Now i have this pop-up every time i start and turn off my computer.
|>And even today it won't even close down. How do i permanetly get rid of it??
|>Please help!

Download and run Process Explorer when the pop-up appears
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.h...

Double click on the process (pop-up) and read it's image it will tell
you what loaded it and where you need to go to delete it.

In PE kill any process related to the program before deleting the
files.