edmund

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2004

My computer shuts down in a sudden as i am browsing in Explorer. It closes
off but only the caps lock button is left on. Additionally, i can't turn it
on by pressing on the 'On' button on my cpu. I have turn off the whole power
supply and turn it on again where it will restart automatically. Can anyone
help me to solve this problem? Thanks..
--
In need of help

Edmond

Because the Caps Lock light is still showing your PC has not been turned
off.

The symptoms indicate a Ram fault. Sometimes this fault happens browsing
the web if the pagefile is corrupt or incorrectly set.
Do you mean browsing in Internet Explorer? Reset your Virtual Memory
settings to System managed.
Re boot and check that you do have a pagefile(pagefile.sys) in C: of the
correct size.

--
Uncle John