I've got a problem with my cmd.exe window size.
When i open it up i get a nice small window - just as you would expect.
When i maximise the window instead of expanding to take up the entire screen
size, the windows expands but i end up with a small screen inside a black
screen.
The window only takes up approximately 1/4 of the actual screen size.

So far i have attempted reinstalling all appropriate drivers. I have
reinstalled the bios. I have done a system recovery to the date i got the
laptop with no luck.

The only thing i haven't tried is reinstalling xp - which i really don't
want to do.
If anyone has any suggestions it would be great.

Try R.clicking the box in the upper L.hand corner of cmd,select properties,
layout,select youre desired size.

the_maveric wrote:

> I've got a problem with my cmd.exe window size.
> When i open it up i get a nice small window - just as you would expect.
> When i maximise the window instead of expanding to take up the entire screen
> size, the windows expands but i end up with a small screen inside a black
> screen.
> The window only takes up approximately 1/4 of the actual screen size.
>
> So far i have attempted reinstalling all appropriate drivers. I have
> reinstalled the bios. I have done a system recovery to the date i got the
> laptop with no luck.
>
> The only thing i haven't tried is reinstalling xp - which i really don't
> want to do.
> If anyone has any suggestions it would be great.

Since this is a text-based console interface the actual usable cmd
window size is based on the font size. With the cmd window open right
click the title bar, Properties, Font tab, try different sizes, fonts, etc.

Steve