64BIT HOME PREMIUM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

padlius

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Has anyone got copy of a disc? I would dare to ask a torrent link or to lend the disc for me through post if youre in UK :)

EDIT: I got upgrade, but I would install WIN XP first. So I need an upgrade disc. Not full install.

Also it may be too much to ask hah.

NO NO you do not need anything else.

There is a legitimate two step instalation process to install an upgrade version
You install windows-7 from the cd, but do not initially enter the product code or activate.
After it installs, you have a fully functional OS for 30 days.
Step 2 is to insert the dvd again, while running Windows and then do an upgrade.
This time, enter your product code, and activate.
After activation. you may delete the initial version which is named windows.old.

This process was needed to accommodate the situation where one wanted to upgrade from a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit OS. It was given to me by microsoft support when I was trying to do just that.
You will never be asked for your old XP dvd or key.

I see no problem in using your old XP on the same machine in a dual boot environment. It is probably not proper to use the old XP on a different machine.

As far as I can tell, there are only two different windows-7 dvd's; 32 bit and 64 bit.
The differentiation for home premium, business, ultimate, oem, retail, and upgrade is contained in the product code, not in the dvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.