Logitech USB Dongle

timothy2180

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Hello.

I would like to know if I can buy a "generic" usb wireless dongle to use with my Logitech MX Anywhere mouse. The dongle appears to be broken at this time. I reinstalled drivers, swapped out batteries and tried using it on a different computer. I also tested the batteries after the mouse would not work, and they worked fine. It did work at one time on this particular computer.

For reference, I am using a MacBook Pro 15" 2010 edition, with Windows 7 OS(and Mac OSX dual booted, but I do not use it very often) with an i5 processor and a GT 330M(I think) video card. I use an Apple Wireless Keyboard that connects via bluetooth without a dongle, however I attempted to use the mouse before and after I started using the keyboard.

The URL below says that a generic usb dongle will work only once the OS is loaded. Is there any way to get around this so I could, say, use it in BIOS or something pre-OS load?
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Keyboards-Bluetooth/Lost-USB-Dongle/td-p/10892?nobounce

If I am able to use a generic usb dongle, could you link me to one? I don't mean to be lazy and exploit the forum community, but I don't want to accidentally buy something that will not work. I am open to any other suggestions.

Thank you.

Also, I do still have the "broken" dongle.