error m-o still happening

Last response: in Video Games
July 14, 2004 11:14:28 PM

Hi,
I had entered this event into the newgroup a week or so
ago and I still haven't seen a resolution to my problem.
I continue to be unable to logon to the Zone as a
member. I can only enter as a guest, no matter which
passport I use, and then sign on through accessing the
Zone in history. I've reinstalled the Zone files,
visited and was able to use my passport at every other
site but the Zone. My account showes that I am in good
standing but the logon error m-o, guest only continues.
Please help. Oh, my global settings are correct to my
location.
Thanks

More about : error happening

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 3:59:53 AM

Rose wrote:

> Hi,
> I had entered this event into the newgroup a week or so
> ago and I still haven't seen a resolution to my problem.
> I continue to be unable to logon to the Zone as a
> member. I can only enter as a guest, no matter which
> passport I use, and then sign on through accessing the
> Zone in history. I've reinstalled the Zone files,
> visited and was able to use my passport at every other
> site but the Zone. My account showes that I am in good
> standing but the logon error m-o, guest only continues.
> Please help. Oh, my global settings are correct to my
> location.
> Thanks

Do you have a router or firewall that might be blocking needed ports?
Do you have a popup or ad blocker running? Are your security settings
too high in IE?

Try clearing any Zone or Passport cookie which might be damaged. More
ideas are archived here:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/ZonePassport.html

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

clvck
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 12:49:04 AM

I've tried all the fixes that have been offered. The
only thing I can remember doing just prior to this
happening is I did an install of MSN Messenger 6.0 which
I opened rather than saved on the installation. Could
this be the cause? Also, there are times the error page
loads with the links for free games, support, etc.
available even with the error m-o, guest only and at
these times I can go to the games and will be signed on
even with my sign-on being unauthorized. Is this any
help?

clvck
>.

July 22, 2004 1:11:52 PM

Rose wrote:

> I've tried all the fixes that have been offered. The
> only thing I can remember doing just prior to this
> happening is I did an install of MSN Messenger 6.0 which
> I opened rather than saved on the installation. Could
> this be the cause? Also, there are times the error page
> loads with the links for free games, support, etc.
> available even with the error m-o, guest only and at
> these times I can go to the games and will be signed on
> even with my sign-on being unauthorized. Is this any
> help?

Maybe you're logged in with the wrong name then, the MSNM name.. You
might try logging out, then back in with the Zone nick.. Also delete
any MSN cookie, along with the Passport and Zone cookies. Have you
looked here?

Zone signin Help. There's a link to Passport assistance too.
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ZonePassport.html

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

clvck
July 23, 2004 1:02:05 AM

Hi-
I have the same problem as Rose. I tried using the
notepad script at the site you mentioned, and all I get
when executing it is "Error on Page". I have checked it
line by tline and it is exactly as the example.

My MSN messenger also has no joystick icon, so that does
not work. I have reported this problem as a bug and I get
ignored.

Any other idea's?

July 23, 2004 1:06:51 AM

I have copied the entire error message below. I did
manage to get signed in on passport, but as soon as i
navigate to the site, it still gives me the same error.

Authentication required

There have been errors in trying to sign you into the
Microsoft .NET Passport Service. Therefore you will not
be able to authenticate on the Zone with your Nickname.
(error m-0)

Your .NET Passport account has not been authenticated for
one of the following reasons:

The .NET Passport servers are currently down. Please try
again later.

You have not signed in.
If you have not signed in click on the Sign In button
below then enter your .NET Passport name and password on
the sign in page.

You are requesting Kid's Passport authentication.
If you have received permission for your Kid's Passport
account, please sign in again. Otherwise, try signing in
later if your permission is pending.
You can still play Card & Board games as a guest by
choosing "Play with others", or play one of our fun
single-player Puzzle Games.

Take me back to the MSN Games home page.

This problem is maddening.
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 11:59:04 AM

Have you tried the sequence given on nibbles' page to completely re-install
the zone?

Make sure after you delete the zone that you delete all zone related
cookies. Be sure to empty recycle bin and reboot.

Before you reinstall after the reboot make sure you (temporarily) turn off
all firewalls and pop-up blockers and anti-virus software. These can
sometimes block a good reinstall. After a successful reinstall, turn
everything you want back on.

Good Luck!

"Kent" <suzdog@earthlink.net> wrote in message
Hi-
I have the same problem as Rose. I tried using the
notepad script at the site you mentioned, and all I get
when executing it is "Error on Page". I have checked it
line by tline and it is exactly as the example.

My MSN messenger also has no joystick icon, so that does
not work. I have reported this problem as a bug and I get
ignored.

Any other idea's?

Anonymous
July 24, 2004 2:58:17 AM

Kent wrote:

> I have copied the entire error message below. I did
> manage to get signed in on passport, but as soon as i
> navigate to the site, it still gives me the same error.
>
> Authentication required
>
> There have been errors in trying to sign you into the
> Microsoft .NET Passport Service. Therefore you will not
> be able to authenticate on the Zone with your Nickname.
> (error m-0)
>
> Your .NET Passport account has not been authenticated for
> one of the following reasons:
>
> The .NET Passport servers are currently down. Please try
> again later.
>
> You have not signed in.
> If you have not signed in click on the Sign In button
> below then enter your .NET Passport name and password on
> the sign in page.
>
> You are requesting Kid's Passport authentication.
> If you have received permission for your Kid's Passport
> account, please sign in again. Otherwise, try signing in
> later if your permission is pending.
> You can still play Card & Board games as a guest by
> choosing "Play with others", or play one of our fun
> single-player Puzzle Games.
>
> Take me back to the MSN Games home page.
>
> This problem is maddening.

If your computer's time is set wrong, the cookie is either out-dated or
predated as soon as it's created. Could that be that the problem?

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

clvck
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 2:58:43 AM

year and time for my time zone. There is def some cookie
SOMEWHERE that is doing this but I have deleted every
cookie, temp internet file I can find. Still, I keep
getting the same message. I even loaded the latest IE
updates, as well as XP updates. It is still there.. :-(..
>.

Anonymous
July 25, 2004 3:04:33 AM

I have tried all the ideas on the nibbles pages that
seemed to make sense. I am obviously missing something,
but have no idea what. I deleted all zone software, as
well as all cookies, temp files in the tools options. i
also put those web sites into the trusted sites and set
everything per the nibbles instructions. I know I have an
old link SOMEHERE as whenever I try the sign in, it sends
me to a page that has just the passport signin box, and
does not remember the last email address you typed in,
even though you check the box to test it. It always
says "Type your email address here". The login id number
that appears in the URL is 29060, which seems to only
appear when the login fails.

Thanks for the hints though. One of these days, i will
find this menace...;-)...

Anonymous
July 25, 2004 9:24:47 AM

In order to use the zone, you _must_ sign in on that page. That is not
login failure; it is working as designed: That is how you log in. You
must be signed in on a passport which, in turn, has one (or more) zone
nickname associated with it.

When you clear your cookies, you also cleared the "remembered" last-used
e-mail address. That is where it is remembered -- in a cookie.

How do things proceed after you enter the passport e-mail address?

I have tried all the ideas on the nibbles pages that
seemed to make sense. I am obviously missing something,
but have no idea what. I deleted all zone software, as
well as all cookies, temp files in the tools options. i
also put those web sites into the trusted sites and set
everything per the nibbles instructions. I know I have an
old link SOMEHERE as whenever I try the sign in, it sends
me to a page that has just the passport signin box, and
does not remember the last email address you typed in,
even though you check the box to test it. It always
says "Type your email address here". The login id number
that appears in the URL is 29060, which seems to only
appear when the login fails.

Thanks for the hints though. One of these days, i will
find this menace...;-)...

Anonymous
July 26, 2004 9:09:09 PM

Did you try the NibblesNbits site? It has a page on login problems:

Passport
http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/ZonePassport.html

Optimize browser settings
http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#I...

Firewall
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#fwall

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

clvck
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 9:09:10 PM

Yes, I tried that site. When using the logon script that
they have at the top of the nibbles passport page, I get
to the zone.com page OK with the button saying "Sign
Out", which indicates you are signed in OK. As soon as I
click on the spades room link, it goes to the page that
says you must sign in. That is where the problem is. It
must be accessing some old authentication link or
whatever. I then get thrown into the loop that gives me
the m-0 error. This is a tough one.

>Did you try the NibblesNbits site? It has a page on
login problems:

>Passport
>http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/ZonePassport.html
>
>Optimize browser settings
>http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#I...
>
>Firewall
>http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#fwall
>
>--
>
>+Elmo_Tech
>MSN® Gaming ZoneT - Technical Support

clvck
>.

Anonymous
July 26, 2004 9:16:47 PM

It then takes me to the passport sign in page. I then am
directed back to the zone and receive this error message
on the page. I have cut and pasted it below.

[...]

And that is what keeps happening when I try to sign in no
matter how many times i delete all the cookies, temp
files etc. I am missing something somewhere. I even wrote
the script found on the nibbles page to sign in. It does
sign me in, but as soon as I click on the spades room
link, it says I need to sign in and etc etc happens all
over again. It is going to some old link for
authentication for sure. I just don't know how to get
around it.

Anonymous
July 26, 2004 11:42:19 PM

It is possible you have a kids passport. When you set up a passport you
are asked it you are over 13. If you don't answer "yes" you are given a
kids passport.

Suggestion... establish a new hotmail account, a completely different
<somename>@hotmail.com . Try logging on with this new passport and see if
you get the same error.

It then takes me to the passport sign in page. I then am
directed back to the zone and receive this error message
on the page. I have cut and pasted it below.

Authentication required

There have been errors in trying to sign you into the
Microsoft .NET Passport Service. Therefore you will not
be able to authenticate on the Zone with your Nickname.
(error m-0)

Your .NET Passport account has not been authenticated
for
one of the following reasons:

The .NET Passport servers are currently down. Please
try
again later.

You have not signed in.
If you have not signed in click on the Sign In button
below then enter your .NET Passport name and password
on
the sign in page.

You are requesting Kid's Passport authentication.
If you have received permission for your Kid's Passport
account, please sign in again. Otherwise, try signing
in
later if your permission is pending.
You can still play Card & Board games as a guest by
choosing "Play with others", or play one of our fun
single-player Puzzle Games.

Take me back to the MSN Games home page.

And that is what keeps happening when I try to sign in no
matter how many times i delete all the cookies, temp
files etc. I am missing something somewhere. I even wrote
the script found on the nibbles page to sign in. It does
sign me in, but as soon as I click on the spades room
link, it says I need to sign in and etc etc happens all
over again. It is going to some old link for
authentication for sure. I just don't know how to get
around it.

Anonymous
July 27, 2004 10:10:13 PM

> Yes, I tried that site. When using the logon script that
> they have at the top of the nibbles passport page, I get
> to the zone.com page OK with the button saying "Sign
> Out", which indicates you are signed in OK. As soon as I
> click on the spades room link, it goes to the page that
> says you must sign in. That is where the problem is. It
> must be accessing some old authentication link or
> whatever. I then get thrown into the loop that gives me
> the m-0 error. This is a tough one.
>
> >Did you try the NibblesNbits site? It has a page on
> login problems:
> >
> >Passport
> >http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/ZonePassport.html
> >
> >Optimize browser settings
> >http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#I...
> >
> >Firewall
> >http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#fwall

Try one of these free online virus scans:

This one has a choice of a Quick or a Complete check. Use the Complete
check.
http://www.pcpitstop.com/

Symantec
http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?productid=ssr&...

<url:http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp?j=1&venid=sym&l...;
then click the Security check link.

http://housecall.antivirus.com/ free online virus scan

Also, as a test, try disabling any antivirus or firewall running. Do
you have Spybot, Adaware or other content blockers running? Do you have
a web accelerator running?

Look for a file hosts (no extension, edit it and see if there's anything
in the file.

--

!