I recently installed 2 hard drives while building a new computer. I ended up
with spanned volumes, I don't know how. So far I have been unable to make
each drive separate from the other drive. How is this done?

Thanks,

Trader Chuck

"Trader Chuck" <TraderChuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently installed 2 hard drives while building a new computer. I ended
>up
> with spanned volumes, I don't know how. So far I have been unable to make
> each drive separate from the other drive. How is this done?

Are the drives SATA? Did you setup a RAID 0 or JBOD configuration in the
BIOS? Did you have to install a disk controller driver when installing
Windows? Do you see a SCSI controller in Device manager?

If any of the above are true then you probably have to backup any important
data, go into the BIOS and set the drives to not use RAID or JBOD, then
reinstall Windows and restore your data. Your motherboard manual should have
the details you need to do this.

Kerry

You should convert back the dynamic disks to basic disks (*backup your data*, you need to delete all volumes in order to convert a dynamic disk to a basic disk).

--
Greetings,
Daniel Martín