Pinball expo in Chicago, never gone, what's it about?

Hi:
New (well, fairly new) to the pinball repair/resto stuff and was curious
what the Pinball Expo in Chicago was about. I go to the Jukebox conventions
occasonially and was thinking along the same lines. I would like to pick up
some parts for my 8 Ball & Strikes and Spares. I see it's on Nov 17 - 20th,
what's the best day(s) to go? Cost?

Thanks for any input...
5 answers Last reply
More about pinball expo chicago gone what about

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball?hl=en Look up old
    posts for link to the website, past Expo's, why the dates were changed just
    for this year, what you can all see there. Four days of fun, you get Expo,
    Stern Tour, seminars, fireside chats, meet famous people, see the Stern
    display, lots of games to play, games and parts etc. for sale, pinbrawl. You
    won't be disappointed. LTG :)

    "raptor68_428" <raptor68_428_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    > New (well, fairly new) to the pinball repair/resto stuff and was curious
    > what the Pinball Expo in Chicago was about. I go to the Jukebox
    conventions
    > occasonially and was thinking along the same lines. I would like to pick
    up
    > some parts for my 8 Ball & Strikes and Spares. I see it's on Nov 17 -
    20th,
    > what's the best day(s) to go? Cost?
    >
    > Thanks for any input...

    It is the most "intimate" show there is. Nowhere else can you walk
    through a pinball factory and attend seminars by numerous industry
    insiders. If that sounds cool to you then go.

    If you can possibly afford it, spring for the entire package. If you
    don't, you may be left waiting to do something.

    Everyone should attend at least one Expo!

    -cody
    CARGPB#4

    http://www.pinballexpo.net/ here's the Expo link to get you started. LTG :)

    In article <Xns96B7C544B8634raptor68428@207.217.125.201>,
    "raptor68_428" <raptor68_428_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Hi:
    > New (well, fairly new) to the pinball repair/resto stuff and was curious
    > what the Pinball Expo in Chicago was about. I go to the Jukebox conventions
    > occasonially and was thinking along the same lines. I would like to pick up
    > some parts for my 8 Ball & Strikes and Spares. I see it's on Nov 17 - 20th,
    > what's the best day(s) to go? Cost?
    >
    > Thanks for any input...

    Go!

    Great fun! Great people! The Stern Factory tour blew me away as I never
    knew that there is almost zero automation in making a pinball.

    The lectures were fun! Got to buy some great tools and a couple of coin
    doors.

    Pinball 24x7!

    I'm trying as hard as I can to make it again this year. The change of
    dates through another ball in to juggle, but I'm still juggling and
    haven't dropped one yet.

    Hope to see you there!

    Cheers
    macman

    "raptor68_428" <raptor68_428_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > Hi:
    > New (well, fairly new) to the pinball repair/resto stuff and was
    > curious
    > what the Pinball Expo in Chicago was about. I go to the Jukebox
    > conventions occasonially and was thinking along the same lines. I
    > would like to pick up some parts for my 8 Ball & Strikes and Spares. I
    > see it's on Nov 17 - 20th, what's the best day(s) to go? Cost?
    >
    > Thanks for any input...

    http://www.thekorn.net/expo04/

Games Video Games