CD-RW status glowing red

I woke this morning and found my CD-RW drive hadc a red glowing status
light. Fow a while the computer would not even register the E drive
was even there. It now shows the CD drive as present, but it will not
read CD's. Does this mean that the drive needs to be replaced? I
have a Presario 5100CA with a Phillips CDD 4801 CD-RW drive.

Also, I have been attacked by Trojans an awful lot lately...the fire
wall has worked.

pops

hh

The Philips drive was prooblematical. I had to replace one in my 4090US
Presario.
I'd probably replace it. As for the trojans, watch those e-mail attachments.
That's how most of them get to you.
HH