Advise please, sm. paint cups?

karl

Hi Group,

Does anyone know off hand a place to get small air tight plastic paint
cups? I have in mind some thing like the type that come in a paint by
numbers set perferably a bit larger but not too big about 1 OZ size.
plastic screw lid would be OK too if it is air tight.

I could check the hobby shop but I'd rather not pay $2-$3 each because
I need about a dozen or so.

I am gatting ready to touch up some (Black Hole) PF's in my spare time.
Since work is so busy I may work on it only once a week. If I mix a
color (water base acrylic latex) I don't want it to dry up before I am
finished. OK, enough said, Thanks group!

Have fun, Karl.
honda ruehs at cox dot net

Tatoo parlors use little cups for their inks to keep things sterile for each
victim ^H^H^H^H^H^H customer. Drop by one and see if you can get some.
--
Ron -- CARGPB7
ronstr@asisnotapplicable.com (change not applicable to na)

In article <1124499556.679770.203020@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
hondaruehs@aol.com says...
> Hi Group,
>
> Does anyone know off hand a place to get small air tight plastic paint
> cups? I have in mind some thing like the type that come in a paint by
> numbers set perferably a bit larger but not too big about 1 OZ size.
> plastic screw lid would be OK too if it is air tight.
>
> I could check the hobby shop but I'd rather not pay $2-$3 each because
> I need about a dozen or so.
>
> I am gatting ready to touch up some (Black Hole) PF's in my spare time.
> Since work is so busy I may work on it only once a week. If I mix a
> color (water base acrylic latex) I don't want it to dry up before I am
> finished. OK, enough said, Thanks group!
>
> Have fun, Karl.
> honda ruehs at cox dot net

Michaels has empty plastic bottles the same size as acrylics come in for
about 80c each, when you're done you can clean them out and reuse them.

GRY

"Ron Strom" <SeeMySig@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Tatoo parlors use little cups for their inks to keep things sterile for
> each
> victim ^H^H^H^H^H^H customer. Drop by one and see if you can get some.
> --
> Ron -- CARGPB7
> ronstr@asisnotapplicable.com (change not applicable to na)
>

> In article <1124499556.679770.203020@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> hondaruehs@aol.com says...
>> Hi Group,
>>
>> Does anyone know off hand a place to get small air tight plastic paint
>> cups? I have in mind some thing like the type that come in a paint by
>> numbers set perferably a bit larger but not too big about 1 OZ size.
>> plastic screw lid would be OK too if it is air tight.
>>
>> I could check the hobby shop but I'd rather not pay $2-$3 each because
>> I need about a dozen or so.
>>
>> I am gatting ready to touch up some (Black Hole) PF's in my spare time.
>> Since work is so busy I may work on it only once a week. If I mix a
>> color (water base acrylic latex) I don't want it to dry up before I am
>> finished. OK, enough said, Thanks group!
>>
>> Have fun, Karl.
>> honda ruehs at cox dot net

Karl:

At some Roy Rogers and Nathan's fast food places,
they have little Solo cups (about 1 oz) with snap-on
lids. I just grab a few extra with my lunch sometimes.
They work great for mixing paint for playfield touch-ups.
Since they are so cheap, if the color your matching
"goes south", you can just chuck it out and start over.

The lids aren't really airtight, but they are good enough
to keep the paint usable for a few days. If you need a
small airtight container for longer term storage, try baby
food jars.

-Mark
--
http://pinballpal.com/

"Karl" <hondaruehs@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi Group,
>
> Does anyone know off hand a place to get small air tight plastic paint
> cups? I have in mind some thing like the type that come in a paint by
> numbers set perferably a bit larger but not too big about 1 OZ size.
> plastic screw lid would be OK too if it is air tight.
>
> I could check the hobby shop but I'd rather not pay $2-$3 each because
> I need about a dozen or so.
>
> I am gatting ready to touch up some (Black Hole) PF's in my spare time.
> Since work is so busy I may work on it only once a week. If I mix a
> color (water base acrylic latex) I don't want it to dry up before I am
> finished. OK, enough said, Thanks group!
>
> Have fun, Karl.
> honda ruehs at cox dot net

Try Technical Tattoo Supply 800 295-8991 or look up on the web. They
have all the supplies for inking "TILT" across your forehead or "BONUS"
on your schlong, along with empty paint cups and bottles. If you go to
a local tattoo shop make sure you get NEW sterile cups and not some
washed out ones that Courtney Love had used on her "LOSER" tattoo. If
you only need a few try MIchaels (excellent source for brushes and
paints) or your local craft supply store.

karl

Ceegary wrote:
> Michaels has empty plastic bottles the same size as acrylics come in for
> about 80c each, when you're done you can clean them out and reuse them.
>
> GRY

Michaels it is! I got 11 of the $.80 ones which are just about perfect.

It's odd however, I could have bought a kids set of 18 paints with
screw cap lids for about half the price, dumped the paint in the trash
and washed them out. I guess it's true when they say you pay for the
packaging! Ha ha, what a hoot!

Thanks for many good ideas all.

Have fun, Karl.