$300 (per) dual monitor setup

Easlay

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Copy/pasted template(?)

Approximate Purchase Date: Within a month or 2

Budget Range: $300 max (x2 so 300 per, 600 max for both, etc. you get the idea)

Monitor Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming > Internet > Movies/TV Shows > *

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com or direct vendor site (Samsung for example, etc.)

Country of Origin: US

Brand Preferences: Samsung, ASUS

Physical Size (Diagonal): Between 24-32 inch

Resolution(s) You'll Consider: 1920x1080, 1680x1050, 1360x768. My video card max resolution is 2560 x 1600

Computers and Other Devices To Attach: 1 Computer and video card outputs: 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort, 2 DVI

Panel Type(s) Desired: I don't know what this is :(

LED Backlight: Indifferent

Speakers: Avoid

Wall-Mount: Avoided (They'll be on a desk so no wall mounting)

Stand Functions: Doesn't matter but some tilt might be nice (<- Not a deal breaker)

Additional Comments: I'm going to a dual monitor setup but I'm not really an expert on monitors and TVs. This is just general use gaming and internet surfing with some movies here and there so I'm not looking for something top end thats going to cost $1000 but something better than what I have now (Which isn't much)

I'd recommend Dell's Professional Series monitors (you have to look as a small/home business to access it on www.dell.com/monitors), specifically the P2311H and P2411H (what I own). They are exactly the same as the E2311/2411, but the stands have height and rotation adjustment, which are worth the extra $20 or whatever.

My E2011s and P2411 all have amazing colors and brightness settings, and are IMO some of the best monitors for the $$.

That said, Asus also makes some good 24" screens. I don't know of any models specifically, but my experience with the VG236H 3D monitor was fantastic as well; I just didn't use 3D and benefitted more from the 3 smaller monitors for work.