Hi,

Having problem on a mix NT/XP network. I recently installed a new
machine on the network with wxpprosp2.

I've created a share and configured it for everyone read/write. From
other xp machine I can acess this one, as from it I can acess any
shares on machines in the network (including NT machines). The problem
is when I try to acess this xp share from NT machines. I get the
following msg:

"the user has not been granted the requested logon type..."

Allready search in the groups and got some reports related to the
security policy , witch I allready configure to allow any kind of acess
from everyone. Also the guest account is enabled.

None of this as make the trick for me. Anyone?

Best regards,
zogerdr

"zogerdr" <zogerdr@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Having problem on a mix NT/XP network. I recently installed a new
> machine on the network with wxpprosp2.
>
> I've created a share and configured it for everyone read/write. From
> other xp machine I can acess this one, as from it I can acess any
> shares on machines in the network (including NT machines). The problem
> is when I try to acess this xp share from NT machines. I get the
> following msg:
>
> "the user has not been granted the requested logon type..."
>
> Allready search in the groups and got some reports related to the
> security policy , witch I allready configure to allow any kind of acess
> from everyone. Also the guest account is enabled.
>
> None of this as make the trick for me. Anyone?
>
> Best regards,
> zogerdr

Run gpedit.msc from the Run menu, then follow this path:
Computer configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings /
Local Settings / Securit options / Network Access:
Sharing and Security model for local accounts:
Use "Classic" - local users authenticate as themselves.