Judge Dredd Deadworld mod

I have a Judge Dredd pin being shopped and have considered AJ's
Deadworld mod. Has anyone modded their pin and how is it working? Has
anyone bought and used AJ's kit? Any info would be appreciated. Be
kind, first post!! Thanks, Jeff

Scott

Jeff, I tested the mod for Adam, after I designed it a different and
inferior way compared to Adam's.

If you like this pin, you will definately like this mod. No hic-ups or
problems with it so far. Its not just a mod for aesthetics purpose it
does affect game play a little bit for the better. It slows down
multiball a tad bit in the beginning, another overlooked positive is
when you lock a ball you have to manualy launch the next ball into play
which gives you a chance to catch a breather, wipe sweat from your
hands, or just get an idea on what you need to accomplish next.
Aesthetically, it does make the pin-- it looks and plays fantastic.

Once you get the mod, I still cant factor why they got rid of it; I
wonder if the pin would of got a lot more respect if let that way.

Im trying to get John Trudeau overall opinion, when I do I will post.

I am not affiliated with Adam in any way. I will let you know Adam is
a first class guy; He lives in the UK and I live here in Detroit.

If you live in the area and want to check it out or you have any
questions regarding it, feel free to let me know.

Scott
Detroit

Any problems with locked balls getting knocked off deadworld by air
balls, ect? Any software bugs with L1?

Drew

scott wrote:
> Jeff, I tested the mod for Adam, after I designed it a different and
> inferior way compared to Adam's.
>
> If you like this pin, you will definately like this mod. No hic-ups or
> problems with it so far. Its not just a mod for aesthetics purpose it
> does affect game play a little bit for the better. It slows down
> multiball a tad bit in the beginning, another overlooked positive is
> when you lock a ball you have to manualy launch the next ball into play
> which gives you a chance to catch a breather, wipe sweat from your
> hands, or just get an idea on what you need to accomplish next.
> Aesthetically, it does make the pin-- it looks and plays fantastic.
>
> Once you get the mod, I still cant factor why they got rid of it; I
> wonder if the pin would of got a lot more respect if let that way.
>
> Im trying to get John Trudeau overall opinion, when I do I will post.
>
> I am not affiliated with Adam in any way. I will let you know Adam is
> a first class guy; He lives in the UK and I live here in Detroit.
>
> If you live in the area and want to check it out or you have any
> questions regarding it, feel free to let me know.
>
> Scott
> Detroit

manic

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002

"scott" <scott.ifkovits@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Jeff, I tested the mod for Adam, after I designed it a different and
> inferior way compared to Adam's.
>
> If you like this pin, you will definately like this mod. No hic-ups or
> problems with it so far. Its not just a mod for aesthetics purpose it
> does affect game play a little bit for the better. It slows down
> multiball a tad bit in the beginning, another overlooked positive is
> when you lock a ball you have to manualy launch the next ball into play
> which gives you a chance to catch a breather, wipe sweat from your
> hands, or just get an idea on what you need to accomplish next.
> Aesthetically, it does make the pin-- it looks and plays fantastic.
>
> Once you get the mod, I still cant factor why they got rid of it; I
> wonder if the pin would of got a lot more respect if let that way.

I doubt it would get more respect (I have a real sweet one) and it's
easy to see why they left it out. For the small gameplay changes you
mentioned and the cosmetic appeal you would sacrifice any durability
on location. If the crane or it's magnet failed the balls would simply
sit in the deadworld forever or until an op arrived to fix it.
Yeah *forever* seems about right then ;-)

Scott

No software bugs with L1 (that we have found so far); but manic even
if the ball or balls get stuck on the deadworld the game still senses
that there is a ball locked on the deadworld (senses missing ball from
the trough) and instead of locking the ball it does a virtual lock and
sends the ball through; so it still doesnt create a problem.

Scott
Detroit

This is slightly off topic, but I see one thing when running L-6. If a
ball gets hung up in the playfield, when the pin times out it
automatically launches another ball. And when that ball drains, it auto
launches another ball, again and again until the first ball that is
hung up finally enters the drain.

I have had the ball hung up in the subway and on the left ramp before
it dumps down into the right flipper ballway.

Back on topic...when is someone going to post schematics and components
(resistors, caps, etc) needed to do the mod?

I have all the parts, just need the schematics.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Mattax

Rob G wrote:
> I know there is a bug in some older rom version(s) where the game does not
> award a replay when the player beats the score required.
>
> --
>

> Rob
>
> "scott" <scott.ifkovits@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >

> > No software bugs with L1 (that we have found so far); but manic even
> > if the ball or balls get stuck on the deadworld the game still senses
> > that there is a ball locked on the deadworld (senses missing ball from
> > the trough) and instead of locking the ball it does a virtual lock and
> > sends the ball through; so it still doesnt create a problem.
> >
> > Scott
> > Detroit

I know there is a bug in some older rom version(s) where the game does not
award a replay when the player beats the score required.

--

Rob

"scott" <scott.ifkovits@comcast.net> wrote in message

> No software bugs with L1 (that we have found so far); but manic even
> if the ball or balls get stuck on the deadworld the game still senses
> that there is a ball locked on the deadworld (senses missing ball from
> the trough) and instead of locking the ball it does a virtual lock and
> sends the ball through; so it still doesnt create a problem.
>
> Scott
> Detroit

Scott

DM, not sure about the hang up problem, I would have to purposely try
to hang a ball up and see.

as far as the schematics go, if you have the parts (you need the ring)
email Adam, and see if you can make a smaller contribution, doesnt hurt
to ask.

I know this mod took time and money to develop.

Scott
Detroit

thanks
Scott

I have tried to email AJ and my Pinball tech has tried a couple of
times in the last month to contact him. He does not respond to emails.
I gather this mod is not working like it should or he is no longer
interested in selling the rings.

If anyone has completely installed and played JD with this mod, please
email me.

Drew