Sign in with
Your question

Find me a cheap monitor =)

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 12, 2011 5:43:46 AM

OK so i'm new here so i hope i am doing every thing right, but i just had to ask this question.

Can one of you brilliant forum members on here find me a monitor to fit my needs?
So heres what i think i need from a monitor and what ill be using it for:

1. it has to no more than about 230$ and thats with tax and shipping
2. It has to be at least 21.5 inches more preferably 23 inches
3.1920 x 1080
4.no slower than 5ms refresh rate
5. I would like 1 hdmi input and 1 vga port at least, But 2 vga's would work
6. new would be nice, but refurb is def an option

So that's what i want in a monitor here's what i am going to be using it for:

1.Average every day computer use, such as web surfing and youtube vids.
2.professional Computer repair tech. ( that's why i need either an hdmi and a vga or 2 vgas so i can have on plugged in to my computer and another one plugged into a customers computer)
3.web design and various coding languages
4.some photoshop programs
5.the occasional movie from netflix or dvd
6.and some video games nothing any crazier than command and conquer (on low graphichs)

So that's your task (I know, its a big one but i think you can do it) I thank you guys very much for all your time and help. (If there's anything i can do just ask)

P.S. and by the way if the monitor you find has some extra features that's fine, in fact that's great. What i have listed is just the barebone of what i need to have. Not necessarily every thing i want. =)

yet again thanks for all the help. im so exited :D 

More about : find cheap monitor

June 12, 2011 4:20:07 PM

yeah I'm in California we use dollars, Sorry

That monitor at the link you gave me looks like a great one and is exactly what i,m looking for except for the price, its about 30 bucks above my price range though, can you find one a little cheaper. (my price range is quite strict so i cant go above 130 to much really maybe like 5 bucks or so but no more than that) Oh and i was also wondering, I found an acer monitor i quite like Its 100$ but it doesnt have any hdmi ports on it so i was wonder could I get a vga switch and use that to change inputs? would i loose any video quality, are there any drawbacks of doing this? And how much would a decent switch cost?

Thanks for the help so far cant wait for more :bounce: 
m
l
Related resources
June 13, 2011 4:28:56 AM

looks like a great one but i dont think i can spare the extra 50$ find anything for cheaper?

I'm on a really tight budget because I'm building my self a complete home office with a desk, whole new network system, with router, hub and a couple 100ft of ethernet cat5e, also a speaker system, wireless keyboard, hdmi cables, and a few odds and ends. So as you can see I'm already going to be spending a good deal of money, so i have a really tight budget of 130 set for a monitor.

Any way i really do appreciate all the help im getting from you guys, keep it coming.
m
l
June 15, 2011 4:04:52 AM

So i finally found a monitor that i liked and thought met my needs. After looking a several a finally decided on the:

ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms Full HD Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ Speakers 300 cd/m2 20000 :1
at newegg for 169.99 with a 20$ mail in rebate. so 150$ after the rebate. I know its 20 dollars over my 130 dollar budget but it looked like a really good monitor so i splurged a tiny bit. Any way thanks for the help and support with my monitor finding journey (I know a little corny =) But if you have had any experience with this particular model monitor or anything you would suggest doing with it or getting for it or even just what you thought about it, please leave a comment.
m
l
!