Unable to logon with CTRL+ALT+DEL

September 20, 2005 9:05:03 AM

Hello Everyone! :)

Having a weird issue here: on the logon screen I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL, enter my
password, but instead of logging in I get the logon screen again. And again,
and again...

Any ideas?

TIA!!! :)
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 3:30:29 AM

"MottaGuedes" <MottaGuedes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone! :)
>
> Having a weird issue here: on the logon screen I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL, enter
my
> password, but instead of logging in I get the logon screen again. And
again,
> and again...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA!!! :)

This problem often occurs with some spyware removal
tools or because your system drive has changed, .e.g after
some imaging or ghosting action. It happens because the file
userinit.exe is not located where the system expectes it to
be. The cure depends on your configuration, e.g. if the
machine is networked or not. See also here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];249321
!