Unable to logon with CTRL+ALT+DEL

Hello Everyone! :)

Having a weird issue here: on the logon screen I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL, enter my
password, but instead of logging in I get the logon screen again. And again,
and again...

Any ideas?

TIA!!! :)
1 answer Last reply
More about unable logon ctrl

    "MottaGuedes" <MottaGuedes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello Everyone! :)
    >
    > Having a weird issue here: on the logon screen I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL, enter
    my
    > password, but instead of logging in I get the logon screen again. And
    again,
    > and again...
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > TIA!!! :)

    This problem often occurs with some spyware removal
    tools or because your system drive has changed, .e.g after
    some imaging or ghosting action. It happens because the file
    userinit.exe is not located where the system expectes it to
    be. The cure depends on your configuration, e.g. if the
    machine is networked or not. See also here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];249321

Login Microsoft Windows XP