F*H right gangway shot - anyone mastered it?

Am I just a pu$$y or is this shot too much of drain risk to even
attempt??? I bet I could count the number of these shots I've made
literally on one hand in one year of F*H ownership. Granted, I'm no
pro but I can hit the left gangway pretty much at will so it drives me
crazy that I won't even try the right gangway. And b/c of the ramp
shots, it seems like it's always lit, taunting me with that elevated
yellow bulb flashing right in my face! :)

Anyone have this shot down? Is it just a matter of practice for
perfect aiming or is it mostly luck or what?

Thanks!

-- Jim (C*V, F*H, WH2@)

Like any tight shot, practice makes perfect. It's a must shot for the 3-way
or 4-way. Take the glass off and spend some time just practising that shot.

GRY

"Jim Farber" <jfarber@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Am I just a pu$$y or is this shot too much of drain risk to even
> attempt??? I bet I could count the number of these shots I've made
> literally on one hand in one year of F*H ownership. Granted, I'm no
> pro but I can hit the left gangway pretty much at will so it drives me
> crazy that I won't even try the right gangway. And b/c of the ramp
> shots, it seems like it's always lit, taunting me with that elevated
> yellow bulb flashing right in my face! :)
>
> Anyone have this shot down? Is it just a matter of practice for
> perfect aiming or is it mostly luck or what?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- Jim (C*V, F*H, WH2@)

Practice, practice, practice.

Why would the left side be more lucky than the right? Hint-it's not.
You can make the left, so you can make the right.

Gangways=extra balls, so get 'em down. It'll come :)

Jeff

maybe it's how you have the game leveled out. Funhouse seems to be
very sensitive to left and right levels. if your off a little bit.
Some shots are damn hard to pull off.

Jim Farber wrote:

> Am I just a pu$$y or is this shot too much of drain risk to even
> attempt??? I bet I could count the number of these shots I've made
> literally on one hand in one year of F*H ownership. Granted, I'm no
> pro but I can hit the left gangway pretty much at will so it drives me
> crazy that I won't even try the right gangway. And b/c of the ramp
> shots, it seems like it's always lit, taunting me with that elevated
> yellow bulb flashing right in my face! :)
>
> Anyone have this shot down? Is it just a matter of practice for
> perfect aiming or is it mostly luck or what?

Oh, I always go for it when I've had a ramp shot...I love to get
the three-way combo, and try for the four-way. 1.75 million points!
(I think...it's 750 thou for the three-way, the four-way gets a
million points.) I haven't mastered it, but I'm getting it more these
days since I started actively pursuing it. Maybe 50% or so? I don't
recall it being particularly drain-y if you miss.

--Bob

Bob Ellingson bobe@halted.com
Halted Specialties Co., Inc. http://www.halted.com
3500 Ryder St. (408) 732-1573
Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)

On 19 Aug 2005 21:01:25 -0700, "Jim Farber" <jfarber@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Am I just a pu$$y or is this shot too much of drain risk to even
>attempt??? I bet I could count the number of these shots I've made
>literally on one hand in one year of F*H ownership. Granted, I'm no
>pro but I can hit the left gangway pretty much at will so it drives me
>crazy that I won't even try the right gangway. And b/c of the ramp
>shots, it seems like it's always lit, taunting me with that elevated
>yellow bulb flashing right in my face! :)

It wasn't hard for me until YOU MENTIONED IT :(

After reading your post I couldn't make a damned one of them last
night.

> Am I just a pu$$y or is this shot too much of drain risk to even
> attempt??? I bet I could count the number of these shots I've made
> literally on one hand in one year of F*H ownership. Granted, I'm no
> pro but I can hit the left gangway pretty much at will so it drives me
> crazy that I won't even try the right gangway. And b/c of the ramp
> shots, it seems like it's always lit, taunting me with that elevated
> yellow bulb flashing right in my face! :)
>
> Anyone have this shot down? Is it just a matter of practice for
> perfect aiming or is it mostly luck or what?

It's definately the harder shot on FH to make, but it's not all that bad.
My left flipper shots I usually try to ricochet off the Superdog targets to
get it into the Mystary Mirror scoop if it's lit. Otherwise a shot into the
Hidden Hallway and a shot to Rudy to relight the Mirror or a right Gangway
shot for EB.

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
------------------------------­--------------

Luck has little to do with it. The left side is wide open while the
right has Pats famous bumper farm in the way :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Oh I totally agree-there is no luck in making the right alley in FH-it
can be made like anything else, with practice. It is just a different
shot. Jim asked if it was mostly luck.

I liked the pat bumper farm quote :) taf has the mirror image shot.
(thread the graveyard)

Jeff

Jeff Palmer wrote:
> Practice, practice, practice.
>
> Why would the left side be more lucky than the right? Hint-it's not.
> You can make the left, so you can make the right.

Not a matter of luck, it's a matter of what happens after the
inevitable miss. Left gangway is nice and far away, right one is up
front and personal, with two yellow posts to send the ball screaming
back at ya :)

Mike Schudel wrote:
> It's definately the harder shot on FH to make, but it's not all that bad.
> My left flipper shots I usually try to ricochet off the Superdog targets to
> get it into the Mystary Mirror scoop if it's lit. Otherwise a shot into the
> Hidden Hallway and a shot to Rudy to relight the Mirror or a right Gangway
> shot for EB.
>
> --
> Mike S.
> Kalamazoo, MI
>
> Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
> W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
> M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu
> ------------------------------­--------------

Those are exactly the same shots I do with the left flipper except I
never even attempt right gangway.

It sounds like some people are actually able to nail it consistently.
Cool. Good for you. The sweet spot must be incredibly small, which is
why I asked if there was some luck involved.

Those of you who can hit it fairly often, do you do so only after a
hold trap or can you hit it even when the ball rolls straight down the
inlane to the left flipper. I can almost never do a hold trap from the
inlane after a ramp shot.

I'll have to practice more. I had never considered taking the glass
off and practicing - thanks for the tip. Pinball's like any other
skill.

--Jim

"Jim Farber" <jfarber@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1124507096.445207.324730
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Am I just a pu$$y or is this shot too much of drain risk to even
> attempt??? I bet I could count the number of these shots I've made
> literally on one hand in one year of F*H ownership. Granted, I'm no
> pro but I can hit the left gangway pretty much at will so it drives me
> crazy that I won't even try the right gangway. And b/c of the ramp
> shots, it seems like it's always lit, taunting me with that elevated
> yellow bulb flashing right in my face! :)

Are you down with OPP? Yeah you know you...

> Anyone have this shot down? Is it just a matter of practice for
> perfect aiming or is it mostly luck or what?

Like anything else, it's practice, practice, practice.

Jeff Palmer wrote:

> Oh I totally agree-there is no luck in making the right alley in FH-it
> can be made like anything else, with practice. It is just a different
> shot. Jim asked if it was mostly luck.
>
> I liked the pat bumper farm quote :) taf has the mirror image shot.
> (thread the graveyard)

That's a recurring feature in Lawlor games, right from the first:
Banzai Run has a saucer shot that needs to be nailed during mulitball,
threading right through the bumper field. Earthshaker has a ramp
shot that's entrance is through the bumper farm too.