New Models on the Horizon.

Andy

Hi,

I'm going to update my PC soon and have been thinking about getting a Dell.
The only thing that is stopping me is that I've been told by various people
that Dell are about to launch a new range of systems that will probably
include a lot of new technology such as PCI Express and BTX form factor ?

Are these rumours true, if so what are the timescales for their release
likely to be ?

Thanks.

---

June 21. Lots of cool stuff coming....You will not see BTX for a while but
Intel and Dell of course will release there new chipsets June 21.
"Andy" <andyw@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to update my PC soon and have been thinking about getting a
Dell.
> The only thing that is stopping me is that I've been told by various
people
> that Dell are about to launch a new range of systems that will probably
> include a lot of new technology such as PCI Express and BTX form factor ?
>
> Are these rumours true, if so what are the timescales for their release
> likely to be ?
>
> Thanks.
>

> ---

Andy

Cheers Tom.

Is this release date US or UK based ?

"Tom Morton" <tommortonspam@adelphiaspam.net> wrote in message
> June 21. Lots of cool stuff coming....You will not see BTX for a while but
> Intel and Dell of course will release there new chipsets June 21.
> "Andy" <andyw@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm going to update my PC soon and have been thinking about getting a
> Dell.
> > The only thing that is stopping me is that I've been told by various
> people
> > that Dell are about to launch a new range of systems that will probably
> > include a lot of new technology such as PCI Express and BTX form factor
?

> > Are these rumours true, if so what are the timescales for their release
> > likely to be ?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > ---

---

A date at last!!!! ... That is *the* most solid thing I've heard on
PC-related talk in years.

Hallelujah!

"Tom Morton" <tommortonspam@adelphiaspam.net> wrote in message
> June 21. Lots of cool stuff coming....You will not see BTX for a while but
> Intel and Dell of course will release there new chipsets June 21.
> "Andy" <andyw@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm going to update my PC soon and have been thinking about getting a
> Dell.
> > The only thing that is stopping me is that I've been told by various
> people
> > that Dell are about to launch a new range of systems that will probably
> > include a lot of new technology such as PCI Express and BTX form factor
?

> > Are these rumours true, if so what are the timescales for their release
> > likely to be ?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > ---

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

Just as an FYI...PCI-Express has been in their PE700
servers for several months.