Hotsync 2 Palms

December 10, 2004 7:21:12 AM

I have a Treo 650 & a Palm IIIXE. I mostly use the Treo but want to keep up
the contacts on the IIIXE. Both have different user names but use the same
Palm desktop. If I hotsync each separately using the correct user name will
it affect the Treo?

More about : hotsync palms

Anonymous
December 10, 2004 7:49:31 AM

In article <Yu9ud.6616$yr1.593@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"Norm" <ntaer@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I have a Treo 650 & a Palm IIIXE. I mostly use the Treo but want to keep up
> the contacts on the IIIXE. Both have different user names but use the same
> Palm desktop. If I hotsync each separately using the correct user name will
> it affect the Treo?

Short answer: No negative effects. Longer answer: I currently hotsync 3
different Palms on my computer. Each Palm is a different type and has a
unique user name. When hotsyncing, the Palm desktop software will
automatically detect which Palm is connected and then do the right
thing(s) for that one.

Regards,

-Doug
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 11:50:35 AM

<ntaer@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I have a Treo 650 & a Palm IIIXE. I mostly use the Treo but want to keep up
> the contacts on the IIIXE. Both have different user names but use the same
> Palm desktop. If I hotsync each separately using the correct user name will
> it affect the Treo?

If I understand what you want to do correctly, then it should not affect
the Treo.

When you HotSync each device, the data synchronizes according to the
username associated with the device and the database associated with that
username. So each device synchronizes to its own database.
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 8:13:57 PM

"Norm" <ntaer@earthlink.net> wrote:
>I have a Treo 650 & a Palm IIIXE. I mostly use the Treo but want to keep up
>the contacts on the IIIXE.

You can use a third-party app (we use Outlook and the Chapura
conduits) to get both Pilots to sync to the same database.
!