Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HP L1502 LCD Flat Panel Monitor Problems

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 12, 2011 11:17:22 PM

OK, I am trying to get this older HP L1502 LCD Flat Panel Monitor to work on my Windows 7 Asus computer with an DVI output

I have a Connecter that converts it from vga to DVI.

Now is this the right connector? Do these things really work

On top of that the driver for the monitor is only up to XP. I have W7, will any of those work?

Thanks,

Clint

Best solution

a c 84 C Monitor
June 13, 2011 6:12:45 PM

Is it not working or have you not tried yet? I think your converter coverts from DVI to VGA not the other way around, and they do work. You don't need a driver for the monitor, Windows will run it just fine.
June 13, 2011 6:33:21 PM

Well I have tried, so I have the wrong connector? The monitor has the VGA male end and it should plug into the video card female end? Know where i can find one?
Related resources
a c 84 C Monitor
June 13, 2011 7:37:49 PM

cdb8457 said:
Well I have tried, so I have the wrong connector? The monitor has the VGA male end and it should plug into the video card female end? Know where i can find one?

You have the right connector for the card to the VGA cable. Have you made sure the resolution is not set too high for the monitor? Try the monitor with another PC to make sure your cable and monitor are working? Maybe try another converter.
June 14, 2011 4:01:11 AM

Its the cable out of the monitor..... Nothing I can do about it!
a c 84 C Monitor
June 14, 2011 2:14:18 PM

cdb8457 said:
Its the cable out of the monitor..... Nothing I can do about it!

It's not removable at the monitor? I guess some are not, I've seen some monitors that have it attached.

If the monitor does not work with another computer, you need to replace it.
June 16, 2011 1:23:59 AM

Best answer selected by cdb8457.
June 16, 2011 1:24:10 AM

Thank you for the help and time!
!