RS / FH Jaw motor replacement

I posted last week on ideas for a cheap alternative replacement for the
jaw motor. I would like to share my $5.29 success story with all of
you. I received a privet email from one member who suggested I try a
Radio Shack, Part Number, 273-225. He had one installed in his FH for
over a year with no issues. However, this part has been discounted from
Radio Shack. You still might find a few in some stores.

I could not find a 273-255 so I installed the 273-256 motor instead.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F011%5F002%5F007%5F003&product%5Fid=273%2D256
I have had it running Ted's jaw for a week now with no problems.

The install was easy. Getting the gear off the old motor was a little
tricky. Parts I use; needle nose pliers, hammer, and a small rod to fit
inside the gear. The needle nose held the gear in place while I
hammered the old shaft from inside the gear.

Hope this helps someone,

Jeff
www.jeffpinball.com

Thats sweet.
I remember when I was able to buy direct from Mark at Multiproducts in
Wisconsin. (I think thats where they are)
Even then the motors were not dirt cheap like this but it was better
than paying the huge mark up's on these. Then I called there one day
just for him to tell me he went exclusive with a particular vendor. I
thought that was lame,. but he explained that the cost to build a motor
here or there for people was just not worth it and since this vendor
would commit to at least 25 of each as he placed an order... thats why
he did the deal. I remember getting a price for a customer on a
Jurassic motor and it was $208.00. I just laughed. Some of these parts
are a joke.
Glad to see you found something that worked for FIVE BUCKS! Thats the
best part!

Jeff, havn't had to replace the jaw motors yet. I picked up 3 spares
from Radio Shack a couple months ago. This info. is good to know!
Anyone find a replacement shaker motor?

Joe