Sign in with
Your question

Everything that's old is new again!

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 17, 2004 12:31:21 AM

History repeats itself. Billions of years ago, technology had progressed just past this point, when someone tried to overclock his Prescott using Liquid Hydrogen cooling. That's how our sun came to be!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

More about : question

June 17, 2004 2:15:34 AM

how did you make this one up? Sometimes I really don't know what goes through your head.lol

Not the Official Sicko of THG.
June 17, 2004 2:19:12 AM

I read about that in the Bible......

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>
Related resources
June 17, 2004 2:30:22 AM

i bet dhlucke did too.

wpdclan.com counter-strike game server - 66.150.155.52:27015
now featuring valve security module!
June 17, 2004 2:47:33 AM

There is nothing new under the sun.
June 17, 2004 3:17:19 AM

aye
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 17, 2004 4:53:54 AM

Bob was a 1337 overclocker or so he thought. In the beginning, Bob created the heavens!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
June 17, 2004 7:11:33 AM

This is CPU discussion, not nonesense discussion.
June 17, 2004 7:36:48 AM

The scotty is going to cause nuclear winter. The increased demand for fosil fuels is driving the price of gas through the roof. The extra heat in offices is causing people's brains to melt, increasing world stupidity. The government had to invade Iraq to get enough oil to be able to keep prescotts running.
June 17, 2004 7:38:05 AM

hey now!

<font color=blue>________________________</font color=blue>
<font color=red>You are all going to go to Hell!
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 17, 2004 7:56:54 AM

Howdy stranger, lighten up!

June 17, 2004 1:03:59 PM

lol. This guy needs to teach us all a lesson. Perhaps you could define the "Others" Forum for us.

AMD's dual-core sex fights due in 2005
June 17, 2004 1:42:27 PM

And what about Black Holes? Is this the Microsoft Monopoly that "suck" every particles of matter around?

--
It's tricky to use words like <b><font color=green>AMD</font color=green></b> or <b><font color=blue>Intel</font color=blue></b> in a signature some users could think your are biased.
June 17, 2004 2:13:48 PM

Na they jacked up the oil prices to get you to buy Hybred cars.
June 17, 2004 7:16:40 PM

Crashman speaks only the truth. If he says an overclocked Prescott created our sun, then that is how it happened. It must be in the bible.

I have been trying to do the same thing with my AMD processor, but all that happens is that my PC runs faster. Try as I might, I cannot create a sun.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>
June 17, 2004 8:19:34 PM

I actually agree with you Crash on the past history of mankind on this planet. Many people not openly saying it also believe we at one time must have reached a higher level of intelligence then for some reason lost it. Not necessarily an Electronic knowledge but most assuredly an understanding of Nature and her elements.

Perhaps the holy bible is the only remaining document or books of faith world wide for different religions that still have a tiny grasp on our true past. Unfortunately they are watered down and none understandable to even the best researchers in the field. We simply miss the point.

An engineer on the Canadian version of the History channel was discussing the topic of pyramids and how it is such a bland and ignored topic by Egyptologists and others in the field. Anyhow he did some math on the subject of the Great Pyramid and had colleagues check his math and even posted his numbers for the world to read as well as explained it openly on t.v.

The great Pyramid by any information now still available took approximately 25 Years to complete from start to finish. This number of years is also supported by how long the current Pharaoh's lifespan during it's creation.

His MATH works out to 1 Block Moved into place every 5 minutes, 24 hours a day for 25 Years none stop.

Think about that for just a little moment and see if you can comprehend the meaning of it.

1 block placed every 5 minutes 24 hours a day for 25 years!!

Now look at the tools they were supposed to have had and the people building it.

The most used word in the English Language instantly pops into your head ( HOW ) that being next to MOM.

He also said that even with current equipment constructing anything that takes 25 years to build would be a feat mankind has never accomplished before. Again that was a quote on what he said with a small smile on the corner of his mouth.

A small feat that mankind has never accomplished before!!

In other words he doesn't believe man made them based on mechanical and mathematical and engineering principals now known in today's elite Schools. I as many believe that man of a different education built them not Aliens but simply a man that knew things we cannot now understand.

He also believes that this type of man was dying out at the conception stages of the great pyramids and some other fantastically designed architecture of the past. As late as Leonardo Deviancy and acholots up into the 18th century or perhaps finally dying out with the Knights Templer fully entrusted to maintain the secrets of Mary Magdalene and the Holy Grail as well as a library of knowledge still hidden from us today.

I wet my pants just with the glimmer of hope that some of those ancient texts really exist. That thought alone makes me very humble.

I have lost some sleep thinking about moving a 5 ton block every 5 minutes into its final position on the Great pyramid and for the life of me I cant see it ever having been done even with our current knowledge. Not including the quarrying and transport of each component from the mines down the Nile to the Pyramid site.

We have defiantly lost some very powerful knowledge over the last 5000 years it so obvious to so many that we all stand around with our hands in our pockets like little school children because the concept of how some things were done is so far out of our reach we cant imagine them.

Barton 3200+ 400MHz
A7N8X Deluxe
Air Cooled 45C
2x512 Corsair DDR 400 PC3200
GeForce FX5900
Two Maxtor 40Gig 8MB cach 7200rpm
SONY RW 52x/24x/52x
SONY DVD 16x/40x
June 17, 2004 8:59:26 PM

heavy
June 17, 2004 9:48:03 PM

sod is our forum bot.

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 17, 2004 10:38:04 PM

LOL, to deny that man was capable of building these is to ignore the evidence of pyramid technical development! There are FAILED pyramids in Egypt, it looks like a situation of trial and error where they simply found the correct angle for the walls based on what the material could support. I could do that myself, if I had enough builders! Of course it would require me to use modern equipment, simply because I don't have 25 years per try to do it!

1 block every 5 minutes sounds OK to me. You get multiple teams doing it, hundreds of people involved, the block laying doesn't concern me at all! It's the block CUTTING I'm impressed with.

So dude showed how the pyramids could have been laid out accurately using a simple string. My whole feeling about the accuracy of the build is that at different times in history we've had advanced mathematics, and that it disappears whenever a cataclismic event causes us to go back to survival of the fittest. After a generation of living off the land it's easy to forget all your advanced technical knowledge.

Had it not been for such events, and wars, and religious wars against technology, and so forth, we would probaby be 1000 years more advanced by now, the world would be 10 times as overpopulated, and all our technology would probably be used to feed people and provide them water. Our fossil fuels would likely have been depleted hundreds of years ago. And people would be encouraged to commit suicide!

June 17, 2004 10:49:47 PM

What a blek picture you paint for the the next 1000 years.
June 17, 2004 11:14:40 PM

The sun and solar system were created from condensing interstellar gas. A hydrogen cooled overclocked Prescott created the universe, not the sun.

Get your science straight. :cool:

He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it, hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart. -C.S. Lewis

<i>Edit - typos</i><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by confoundicator on 06/17/04 04:16 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
June 18, 2004 12:32:39 AM

Unfortunately he is correct!! Even if that was not what he was trying to say it was deeply implied even without his realizing it.

Barton 3200+ 400MHz
A7N8X Deluxe
Air Cooled 45C
GeForce FX5900
SONY RW 52x/24x/52x
SONY DVD 16x/40x
June 18, 2004 1:13:10 AM

So, you are saying that each pyramid is made from 2,620,000 5 ton blocks?
June 18, 2004 2:51:55 AM

Something like that.
June 18, 2004 3:02:45 AM

They built the pyramids with slaves and ramps. It's not inconceivable. I'm impressed with the effort they put into it though considering that the rock quarries were very far away and I think they even had to import the wood used to move the rocks and build the ramps.

June 18, 2004 3:07:55 AM

Remember that the pyramids evolved over 1000's of years from basic Mastaba to the Great Pyramids of Giza. It's not like they didn't have their techniques down pat.

June 18, 2004 3:13:46 AM

Quote:
Greek historian Herodotus reported in the fifth century B.C. that his Egyptian guides told him 100,000 men were employed for three months a year for twenty years to build the Great Pyramid; modern estimates of the number of laborers tend to be much smaller.

And most of the blocks are 2-2.5 tons. Other estimates that I've read are 40,000 men for 80 days a year for 20 years.

June 18, 2004 7:03:27 AM

==============================

I believe the consensus is now that the stones were quarried right there on the site. Modern excavations have revealed that. They were quarried out around the sphinx. The pit around the sphinx was filled with blowing sand for many years prior to its being excavated and the sphinx being restored. Indeed very old drawings of the sphinx show only the head protruding from the desert.

The stones were cut with simple tools, true. But I look at it like this, in the not too distant past there was no mechanized equipment. People dug ditches and canals with shovels, cut stone with simple tools and cut wood with handsaws. They still managed to get a lot done. Take a look at the system of canals the colonies had, look at the great castles and monasteries of Europe.

One interesting thing about the great pyramid is that there was nothing found in it. I saw one account of how when they scaled the distance of the steps of the great hall in the great pyramid and converted the distance to years they found some very interesting things. The hall changed size corresponding to CHRIST and there were also markings on the stairs I believe corresponding to W.W.I and W.W.II.

There are some that maintain the ancient Jews in captivity built it but I have not done the research to see if the time frame works out. There is Biblical reference to something of the effect of a great monument to GOD in a pagan land. I just glanced over the Strong’s concordance for a bit but didn't come across the reference off hand. That is a pretty old teaching though.

Interestingly enough I don't believe there is any record of the Jews being in ancient Egypt. I believe they were eliminated from the history much as people like stalin eliminated people from Russian history for example, even airbrushing out their image on photographs. If a historian had to choose between leaving something out and being killed I suppose the choice was fairly obvious.
===============================
===============================
Anyway, I know this started as a joke thread. My dad was fascinated by the great pyramid and I have maintained a keen interest about it myself for quite some time.

Any way you look at it it is a fantastic feat. I don't think it is quite as fantastically impossible as some make it out to be though. Up until modern times, and even then only in places that are truly blessed, people worked for their very sustenance. People didn't, and in many places still don't, care about their next computer upgrade or the power or positive thinking or anything else we neurotic crackers obsess about. They were/are too busy eking out their day-to-day sustenance. I imagine we would all be capable of some pretty amazing things if someone was cracking a whip at our backs and our family was one meal away from death.
June 18, 2004 7:06:40 AM

I doubt it will take that long. HE isn't going to let it go on much longer like this I don't believe.
June 18, 2004 1:37:40 PM

A lot of manpower. But look what they got done in those twenty years.
June 18, 2004 3:02:13 PM

>LOL, to deny that man was capable of building these is to
>ignore the evidence of pyramid technical development!

I don't think anyone can seriously doubt these things where built by human hands. However, I also read my share of books on the subject, and some archeologists argue the Great Pyramid and the Sphynx actually predate the other failed pyramids. Evidence is not conclusive, but there are very good reasons to assume the great pyramid and Sphynx are not from 2560 BC, but actually from before 20.000 BC.

Some of the arguments of this are proof of water erosion on the sphynx body (not wind erosion as previously assumed), and none of that on the sphynx head, while there had not been a whet enough climate allowing substantial ammounts of rain unless you go back to around 20.000 BC. The theory has been put forward Khufu simply found and claimed the pyramid, not built it and had the Sphynx changed to represent his face (its head is too small in proportion).

Aside from some engravements which could easily have been added later, there isn't a lot of evidence it is indeed Khufu that built the pyramid, or any good indication of its true age. The age is just assumed based on the idea that Khufu built it, and it is known when he reigned..hardly conclusive evidence either IMHO. Its like Bush engraving his name and date on the statue of liberty and historians in a few thousand years attributing it to him and assuming it was built between 2000 and 2004 :) 

None of this is proof or evidence that the Pyramid wasnt built by humans, or by a very advanced civilization, but if lend credence to this theroy, it does take away a lot the unsolved mysteries surrounding the pyramid and how it was bult. It could well have been bult over a thousand years by a civilisation we lost all other accounts of. Atlantis no doubt :D 

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
June 18, 2004 3:10:49 PM

[hic..hic..hic..] Oh wow man! This brings back memories.

Now I have the munchies.

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b>
June 18, 2004 3:19:02 PM

Correction, it is not 20.000 BC, but between 6000 and 10500 BC. Here is anoter argument in support of the claim the pyramid would be from 10500 BC: "He showed that the three pyramids align with the stars in the Orion constellation. Mathematicians and astronomers endorsed his calculation. Graham Hancock makes the following quotes about Bauval’s calculation. "…the Giza monuments as a whole were so arranged as to provide a picture of the skies not as they had looked in Fourth Dynasty around 2500 B.C., but as they looked…around the year 10,450 B.C."

Using Bauval’s method, archaeology-astronomy and the computer model for stars for 2,500 B.C. and 10,500 B.C. shows why the Sphinx has the form of a lion’s body. He showed that the Sphinx facing east or the raising sun is clearly a marker for the spring equinox. Now Leo is the zodiac sign that conforms to a lion’s body. The sun rose in the constellation or house of Leo during the time of the spring equinox 10,500 B.C. This was also at the same time the Orion constellation lined up with the pyramids and other monuments had aligned with various other constellations. "

I actually read the book, and if you look at the 10500 BC starmaps and compare them to the structures on the ground, it is really, REALLY hard to believe it is a coincidence.

Here is the link:<A HREF="http://www.plim.org/sphinx.htm" target="_new">http://www.plim.org/sphinx.htm&lt;/A>

But don't believe everything you read :) 

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
June 18, 2004 5:48:22 PM

I've found these ideas fascinating when I heard them. I wish I could say I've studied the subject but haven't. (I just watch PBS, the Learning Channel, Discovery Channel, etc. LOL).

Here is some more information that I recall.

One of the Pyramids has a shaft that would have pointed directly at the center of Orion's Belt as the constellation crossed the sky at certain time of year. This was only true in the same time frame (circa 10,000 BC) that you mentioned. Evidence or another coincidence?

There were counter arguments.

The shaft I just mentioned doesn't actually point at anything! It terminates inside the pyramid. There is no opening to the outside. Nor was the shaft just covered with a stone. There are several feet of the structure of the pyramid between the end of the shaft and the outside.

Those two details I clearly remember. The next one I'm not so sure about.

I thought someone in one of the TV programs mentioned that in 10500 BC the constellation LEO did not resemble a Lion, as it does now. The implication is that the sun rising in the constellation LEO has no significance since that grouping of stars would not be in that shape. At the time the constellation would not have been named after a lion.

The theory about the building of the pyramids and the sphynx is still interesting.

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 18, 2004 11:09:43 PM

Nah, 10,500 years could have just been their estimate as the beginning of time. I've seen ancient references on TV history shows before, to point that certain early civilizations believed this. So having the pyrimids alligned for that date could still be just a coincidence. As for the Sphynx, I have no doubt that it's much older.

June 19, 2004 12:21:52 AM

>'ve found these ideas fascinating when I heard them. I wish
>I could say I've studied the subject but haven't.

Oh well, you could study it as much as you wanted, and you'd still not know, lol. I read a fair ammount of books on the subject, because like many, I also find all this quite intruiging, but the only thing I know for sure know, is that its all (educated) guesses. I do firmly believe though the sphynx and most likely the pyramids are much older than traditional egyptologists claim, and people should stop wondering how its possible to build such a thing in 25 years, because it could just as well have taken centuries. We just don't know how old they are.

>One of the Pyramids has a shaft that would have pointed
>irectly at the center of Orion's Belt as the constellation
>crossed the sky at certain time of year. This was only true
>n the same time frame (circa 10,000 BC) that you mentioned.
>Evidence or another coincidence?

There are too many coincidences. Of course people look hard for them, and any number that can be extracted from the pyramids are taken as "proof" of something, but there are just too many to ignore.

>The shaft I just mentioned doesn't actually point at
>anything! It terminates inside the pyramid

It does point at something (orion like you said), but indeed it doesnt enter the kings chamber or anything either. It just "stops". But if you look at the architecture of the pyramid, its just too advanced to believe it was created "randomly" or by trial and error. For instance it was designed to sustain earthquakes. At least, if modern architects where to design such a thing, they would use the same techniques. Coincidence ? I really think not. The pyramid clearly served some purpose, and was designed by people with some very sophisticated knowledge. We just haven't discovered what purpopse it served yet and maybe we never will.

>I thought someone in one of the TV programs mentioned that
>in 10500 BC the constellation LEO did not resemble a Lion,
>as it does now

Actually, I always found that a rather weak argument. Because we call something "leo" now, even if we have for centuries, really does'nt prove a whole lot IMHO. If just for a second you assume some ancient highly evolved society built the pyramid and sphynx with the purpose of sending us a message, I can't believe they would assume we would still call the constellation "leo" and associate it with a lion. I don't know, but some things are bound to be coincidential, or maybe follow some reverse logic -for instance perhaps egyptians named the constellation after the sphynx,and the name carried over,.. -just thinking out loud, I never read that anywhere.

>he theory about the building of the pyramids and the sphynx
>is still interesting.

Its extremely fascinating. To the point, where I almost hope they will never figure it all out and explain it with some trivialities :D  Unless of course, there is indeed a "Hall of Records", then I'd like to find out ;) 

June 19, 2004 12:25:33 AM

>Nah, 10,500 years could have just been their estimate as
>the beginning of time. I've seen ancient references on TV
>history shows before, to point that certain early
>civilizations believed this. So having the pyrimids
>alligned for that date could still be just a coincidence

Indeed there are many references to this date, even in the cultures of some african tribes that have had (nearly) no contact with the civilised world. It could all be coincidence, but when you actually see the starmap and the layout of the Giza site, its really, REALLY hard to believe its coincidence. The accuracy of these "coincidences" is more often than not breathtaking.

June 19, 2004 2:13:18 AM

You need to realize though that Discovery is not a very good source of knowledge because most of their programs are slanted to impress the viewer. For instance discussing pyramids Discovery would be more likely to emphazise on how much work and planning, technology etc was required to build them, but not so much discuss the flaws of the construction etc. which is a more interesting subject from an engineering point of view. For instance most medieval castles and churches are clearly built on the "trial and error" method, as most walls and ceilings are not built with optimal angles and thickness at all. So while many ancient structures might look very impressive to the untrained eye, they are an exercise in horrible engineering to people in the know.
And yes technology has gone both forwards and backwards through history, medieval europe and the prescott are nice examples : )
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 19, 2004 2:36:23 AM

Like I said before, I have no doubt that advanced mathematics has come and gone before. The "coincidence" that the pyramids seem to coincide with a period 10,500 years ago coincides with the possibility that they could have built them to match what they considered to be the "beginning of time". They could have used math to figure that one out and built them yesterday!

June 19, 2004 3:12:07 AM

Quote:
It does point at something (orion like you said), but indeed it doesnt enter the kings chamber or anything either. It just "stops". But if you look at the architecture of the pyramid, its just too advanced to believe it was created "randomly" or by trial and error. For instance it was designed to sustain earthquakes. At least, if modern architects where to design such a thing, they would use the same techniques. Coincidence ? I really think not. The pyramid clearly served some purpose, and was designed by people with some very sophisticated knowledge. We just haven't discovered what purpopse it served yet and maybe we never will.

To be honest I do think the theory of the pyramids dating to 10500 BC is plausible.

I am less covinced that the sphinx is the same age.

Quote:
Actually, I always found that a rather weak argument. Because we call something "leo" now, even if we have for centuries, really does'nt prove a whole lot IMHO. If just for a second you assume some ancient highly evolved society built the pyramid and sphynx with the purpose of sending us a message, I can't believe they would assume we would still call the constellation "leo" and associate it with a lion. I don't know, but some things are bound to be coincidential, or maybe follow some reverse logic -for instance perhaps egyptians named the constellation after the sphynx,and the name carried over,.. -just thinking out loud, I never read that anywhere.

The name doesn't matter.

You are the one who brought up the supposed significance that a lion bodied object points at a lion shaped constellation.

I just pointed out that if the Sphinx was built in 10500 BC then that lion shaped constellation did not yet exist. So there actually is no significance.

June 19, 2004 7:42:57 AM

Constellations are abstract creations. Many civilizations have made up their own constellations. The constellations change in time. Simple astrology has had to be adjusted since the original zodiac birth signs reflect the spot the sun was on your date of birth 1000's of years ago and not when you were born.

People are trying to reverse engineer an answer to the mystery of the pyramids but they're making it too complicated. I've heard all kinds of stories such as the water marks on the pyramids to there being underground chambers found by sonar that nobody has explored. I think one was supposed to be under the sphynx but frankly I would take all of this with a grain of salt. People make money from writing these papers, making these movies, and keeping people interested. Nobody will ever dig underneath the sphynx for fear of ruining it so there is no worry for someone to suggest it since it won't ever be disproved.

June 19, 2004 3:47:13 PM

>People are trying to reverse engineer an answer to the
>mystery of the pyramids but they're making it too
>complicated.

Ahem.. no. If there where credible, simple answers that explained the mysteries, I would be the first to assume those correct, rather than some "built by aliens" or "built by people from Atlantis" theories. Simple fact is, there are just too many things we can not explain by using the theories of orthodox egyptologists. let me give you just one silly example: who ever built the pyramids used some sort of glue to put the shiny granite stones in place, that once covered the pyramid. That glue was slightly elastic and stronger than granite. Chemical analysis of the substance showed it was made of known natural elements, but no one had been able so far to reconstruct the substance. We still don't know what its made off !

Likewise, one can believe that all the measurements done on the Pyramid reveal nothing but coincidences, like its near perfect orientation toward true North (quite possibly, a absolutely perfect orientation at that time, since true north moves a bit over the millenia), or the fact that for instance the ratio between height and base of the pyramids is exactly 3.14159 (PI) which would not have been known to the Egyptians

and that there are several dozen refences to 365.252 (exact number of days per year). Some of these seem far fetched to me as well, but if you put them all together, chances of all that being coincidence seem statistically impossible, and given the undenyable advanced knowledge required to build such a thing in the first place, it doesnt pass Occam's Razor to assume its all coincidence.

>I've heard all kinds of stories such as the water marks on
>the pyramids

Not the pyramids, the Sphynx. The pyramids (at least the Great Pyramid) was covered with finely polished granite (which must have made it an extraordinary sight !) until some centuries ago they where destroyed by people stealing it. The sphynx however, shows clear signs of water erosion, vertical water erosion (which can only be caused by rain). There hasn't been any siginificant rain in that area since the official built date (~2500BC), so it doesnt take a tinfoil hat to believe that date is wrong. Especially when there is really no proof of tha date other than engraving which could well have been added later, and the proposed contruction date really raises far more questions or near impossibilities that it solves (like building such a thing in just 25 years).

> there being underground chambers found by sonar that
>nobody has explored.

Ah, that is the juicy part of the story. The presumed "Hall of Records" which would be some underground library containing the knowledge of a long gone civilization. This myth was created first AFAIK by Edgar Cayce, someone believed to be some sort of prohpet that could see all sorts of things in trance. A fascinating figure really, I encourage anyone to do some reading upon the subject, but do take that salt with you. Anyway, Cayce said during several of his trance sessions that there would be this "hall of records" underneath the sphynx, and the entrance would be located at the left (or right, who cares) front paw of the sphynx. Researches have indeed located several "caves" nearby the sphynx, but none have been shown to be clearly unnatural, and no entrance has been found. Its true the Egyptian authorities have not been very helpfull in allowing research, even non destructive research like sonar/radar measurements, let alone excavation, but meanwhile some significant research has been done by several international teams, and so far, nothing spectacular was found; airpockets underneath the sphynx, yes, but those could be natural as well. And no entrance at the front pawns either. But since it has not been established there is nothing under there either, the legend lives on..

June 19, 2004 5:34:23 PM

Just a fast response here but they were not air-pockets!! They used ground penetrating radar basically a sledge dragged along and a shot-un shell is fired down a tube into the steal base of the sled that sends sound waves underground and a computer reads the gaps found below ground.

The actual predicted size of the ROOMS below the sphinx is an area almost as large as a football filed and from depth analyses almost 80 feet deep!!

They also hope to find a perceived lost library of Papyrus or stone written on as anyone that understand how things work in government and an advanced society you cannot get by without a personal history of your own people as well as a for of both school and documentation.

To this day from the time the rooms or caverns were discovered the Egyptian government and historical society have prevented any dig under the Sphinx.

Fear of what might be found in hard facts of the history of Egypt ? or fear of the facts written there. or perhaps fear of finding nothing at all.

Barton 3200+ 400MHz
A7N8X Deluxe
Air Cooled 45C
GeForce FX5900
SONY RW 52x/24x/52x
SONY DVD 16x/40x
June 19, 2004 5:51:22 PM

>The actual predicted size of the ROOMS below the sphinx is
>an area almost as large as a football filed and from depth
>analyses almost 80 feet deep!!

Have you got any links for that ? This does not correlate with what I have read. But if its true, i'll start lobbying for an international boycot against Egypt, or even a UN lead invasion of the country if that is what it takes to start digging :)  Serioulsy, if such a room where indeed discovered, I want to know what is in there. The world should want to know, and have the right to know, even if its as empty as the Kings Chamber. Its nuts we are sending probes to Mars, when its possible there is something 80 feet underground that is much more interesting.

>To this day from the time the rooms or caverns were
>discovered the Egyptian government and historical society
>have prevented any dig under the Sphinx.
>Fear of what might be found in hard facts of the history of
>Egypt ? or fear of the facts written there. or perhaps fear
>of finding nothing at all.

Yeah their attitude is puzzling. They are extremely reluctant to allow scientific research, they keep promoting theories that are just not credible. There are lots of possible explications, depending how much of a conspiracy theorist you are:
1) they want to protect their heritage from destruction
2) as you pointed out, fear of uncovering something that might challenge their religion or history.
3) just feeding the the conspiracy theorists to keep their main tourist attraction interesting, even if there is absolutely nothing in there
4) they want to uncover the secrets themselves.. or at least keep the option open.
5) they are aliens in disguise, or at least mind controlled by atlantians who do not think the time is right for their mysteries to be unlocked :) 

June 19, 2004 6:04:49 PM

-----------------------------
5) they are aliens in disguise, or at least mind controlled by atlantians who do not think the time is right for their mysteries to be unlocked :) 
-----------------------------

You guys ever get those mad magazine books? There was one I had/have, I think it might have been Al Jaffe. It showed a cartoon of a guy in the desert next to a pyramid. It was a cross section at ground level and the pyramid was like the tip top of a hat on a statue under the sand.

Pretty funny stuff. :>)
!