Gorgan

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2004
I just recently bought a P4 prescott 2.8e processor. I bought the processor with an MSI PT880 Neo motherboard. The motherboard came witha program called CoreCenter which monitors my CPU temperatures. The temperatures with stock cooling where around 50c idle and 60c load. I decided that this wasnt up to my standards so i bought a coolermaster aero 4 w/ arctic silver 5. What boggles me is the fact that my temps have gone down at the most only around 4-5c in idle and practically nothing under load. Do you guys have any idea as to what my problem could be?

On another note i noticed that CoreCenter displays my temperatures differently then the program motherboard monitor. When my temps on Corecenter read 60c Mobo Monitor reads around 56c. Which one should i trust? The ambient temperature on both programs read the exact same, so im not sure which one to use. Thanks for your help guys

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Gorgan on 06/17/04 00:56 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

endyen

Splendid
The stock coolers that come with scotty are pretty good.
Everything seems about normal. For two devices reading a sensor, the error factor should be +- 10%, the error factor on the sensor itself might be a little higher.
If your system isn't crashing, you're cool enough.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
What boggles me is why anyone would buy such an expensive processor and put it on such a crappy motherboard. Prescotts run hot, they are a hair slower in most programs than the Northwood, and that's why so many people by the Northwood.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No, are you congratulating me?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

endyen

Splendid
On the new tittle? Not if you dont remember a good Paul Simon tune like Honesty. I cant carry a tune worth shi---t but the words go something like "honesty, honesteey it's such a waste of energy. I know you see through me, but there's no tenderness beneath your honesty"

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sorry, but I don't listen to Paul, nor the orange cat he used to sink with (joke).

306Ford

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2004
I purchased a Water cooling system and welded up a 4 Liter resivor and ran some lines to the deep freeze. CPU runs at 13 degrees over clocked underload.

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Wow ur right phial.....that was totally stupid...

An egg is realy only just liquid chicken.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by coylter on 08/28/04 04:53 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
are you a moderator? stfu, he can post what he wants. 13C is definately something to brag about, and i woudl too if i had a setup like that

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
Brand name whores are stupid!