johnmark

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2005

Is there a way I can a block a folder from being accessed internally by
softwares?
That is its possible to download a software that has spyware in it and
hence can access files that ones knowledge.
I want to set a folder such that not software can access it without my
approval.

Thanks
John

You'll need to set folder permissions as such and only use the software when
logged on with the limited account.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

<johnmark@fastermail.com> wrote:
| Is there a way I can a block a folder from being accessed internally by
| softwares?
| That is its possible to download a software that has spyware in it and
| hence can access files that ones knowledge.
| I want to set a folder such that not software can access it without my
| approval.
|
| Thanks
| John

johnmark

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2005

Thanks Dave for your response.
But I would like not to allow any software from accessing a particular
folder. These days it's very easy to get spyware programs that run in
the background without someone knowing. How can I prevent a folder from
being accessed internally by this kind of programs?
The only thing I seeing is Windows XP to password protect a folder from
other users or remote access.

Thanks

You could always use a 3rd party program like "Hide FoldersXP" from FSPro
Labs !

http://www.fspro.net/hide-folders-xp/index.html

It's shareware, but it works very well. It's worth registering !

Cheers,

Tom

<johnmark@fastermail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way I can a block a folder from being accessed internally by
> softwares?
> That is its possible to download a software that has spyware in it and
> hence can access files that ones knowledge.
> I want to set a folder such that not software can access it without my
> approval.
>
> Thanks
> John

The software will always have the same permissions as the user running it
hence the suggestion to use a limited user account.