Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A Peculiar Problem - Deleting a Folder My Pictures

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 12:55:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I've tried several times to delete a folder from My Pictures Folder but
when I power up the computer the next day the folder is still there. I've
tried removing the green dot from the read only box in properties this has
not worked. Can anyone help me remedy this? Many thanks!!
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 9:25:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

you can't delet the my pictures folder. since it is a system folder it will
just keep coming back. however there may be one way to bypass that, after
all you can do that with some of the other system folders like the 'links'
folder in IE.

"... et al." <look@sig.bcause.this.is.invalid> wrote in message
news:7IX_e.147320$dP1.504659@newsc.telia.net...
> Ted Walker wrote:
>
>> Ted Walker <walkert1966@rogers.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I've tried several times to delete a folder from My Pictures Folder
>>>but when I power up the computer the next day the folder is still
>>>there. I've tried removing the green dot from the read only box in
>>>properties this has not worked. Can anyone help me remedy this? Many
>>>thanks!!
>>
>> I've now tried to delete this empty folder in the My Pictures folder in
>> safe mode to no avail!! Getting quite frustrated!!
>
> My guess is that it is the default save-folder for some [image-]program
> you use, one that have some part autostarting and that will check for that
> folder and will recreate it if it has been deleted.
>
> If you aren't able to guess what program might be the culprit, the program
> might save this info in the windows registry. Do a search in there for
> 'Breanna&Avery' and see what you find.
> Be careful when deleting data in the registry.
>
> --
> Please followup in newsgroup.
> E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.
Anonymous
September 30, 2005 2:19:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Steven Wabik wrote:

> you can't delet the my pictures folder. since it is a system folder it will
> just keep coming back. however there may be one way to bypass that, after
> all you can do that with some of the other system folders like the 'links'
> folder in IE.

It is a subfolder to the 'My Pictures' folder that for some reason keeps
coming back for the OP. You're normally allowed to delete those, aren't you?

> "... et al." <look@sig.bcause.this.is.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Ted Walker wrote:
>>
>>>Ted Walker <walkert1966@rogers.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>>I've tried several times to delete a folder from My Pictures Folder
>>>>but when I power up the computer the next day the folder is still
>>>>there. I've tried removing the green dot from the read only box in
>>>>properties this has not worked. Can anyone help me remedy this? Many
>>>>thanks!!
>>>
>>>I've now tried to delete this empty folder in the My Pictures folder in
>>>safe mode to no avail!! Getting quite frustrated!!
>>
>>My guess is that it is the default save-folder for some [image-]program
>>you use, one that have some part autostarting and that will check for that
>>folder and will recreate it if it has been deleted.


--
Please followup in newsgroup.
E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.
Anonymous
September 30, 2005 2:19:54 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

you should be allowed to delete sub folders. which folder r u talking about?
what is it called. some folders act differently. there is a way to remove
the system folder propertly for them if they are a 'my documents'
sub-folder. if you really just want to get rid of it you could just try
relocating it. usually when you relocate a folder it just stays where you
put it and does not come back to where it was unless it is being used by an
application.
"... et al." <look@sig.bcause.this.is.invalid> wrote in message
news:D MZ_e.147334$dP1.504537@newsc.telia.net...
> Steven Wabik wrote:
>
>> you can't delet the my pictures folder. since it is a system folder it
>> will just keep coming back. however there may be one way to bypass that,
>> after all you can do that with some of the other system folders like the
>> 'links' folder in IE.
>
> It is a subfolder to the 'My Pictures' folder that for some reason keeps
> coming back for the OP. You're normally allowed to delete those, aren't
> you?
>
>> "... et al." <look@sig.bcause.this.is.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>Ted Walker wrote:
>>>
>>>>Ted Walker <walkert1966@rogers.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>I've tried several times to delete a folder from My Pictures Folder
>>>>>but when I power up the computer the next day the folder is still
>>>>>there. I've tried removing the green dot from the read only box in
>>>>>properties this has not worked. Can anyone help me remedy this? Many
>>>>>thanks!!
>>>>
>>>>I've now tried to delete this empty folder in the My Pictures folder in
>>>>safe mode to no avail!! Getting quite frustrated!!
>>>
>>>My guess is that it is the default save-folder for some [image-]program
>>>you use, one that have some part autostarting and that will check for
>>>that folder and will recreate it if it has been deleted.
>
>
> --
> Please followup in newsgroup.
> E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.
!