Yet another keyboard post

KazumaCTHDWE

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
I've been trying to wrap my head around the many multitudes of information regarding keyboards and the (somewhat, I think anyway...) "new" mechanical keyboards that showed up.

Its gotten so bad that I totally lost focus on what I was looking for: A (gaming, strong and sturdy, long-lasting) macro-able keyboard that allows for repeatable/toggle macros that wont break the bank.

Repeatable/toggle macros is rather important for me, as some of the work I do is time-sensitive and VERY repetitive. Also wouldnt be a bad asset to have in RPGs :p

Solution
Mechanical keyboards have been around since the 80's or before.

If a keyboard you like doesn't support macro keys there are probably 3rd party softwares available that can map a key combination like let's say ctrl+alt+k to be a macro.

If you want to know about mechanical keyboards see the other recent post for links.
Mechanical keyboards have been around since the 80's or before.

If a keyboard you like doesn't support macro keys there are probably 3rd party softwares available that can map a key combination like let's say ctrl+alt+k to be a macro.

If you want to know about mechanical keyboards see the other recent post for links.

Solution

KazumaCTHDWE

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
yeah, I'm actually catching up on it right now.

I'm still looking into a macro-able keyboard. Logitech doesnt offer the old G15 that seemed so perfect for me that a friend of mine loaned to me for a day or so. New ones seem to be missing some macro keys

Im looking at the Microsoft X4, though I've had nothing but dissapointment from M$'s perpherials. Logitech doesnt seem to have anything in the G15's price bracket besides the humungous G19, which is too much for me.

Probably wont get a mechanical keyboard for now, considering the price.