Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

Hey Group,
I found a game & wanted to know if any RGPers own a Blackwater
100 & if its any good play wize ??

Game is complete but un-known working shape & I'm just looking for
anyone who has owned or still owns one of these,

Thanks for any help !!

Pin-Del,

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

OK, I just googled & I might want to leave this game alone,
My tech skills & Stress levels might not be able to handle such a game.

The owner is asking $ 600.00 for the game & its been in storage a
pretty good while & It IS Filthy,, I better walk away .

Pin-Del,

Hiya,

I saw one for the first time in person the other day and I have to say
I was shocked at how cool the playfield was. I didn't get a chance to
play it but it looked pretty crazy. I believe this is Bally's last
game before Williams bought them out, Dennis Nordman designed it, but I
have heard it is a pain to shop out because of all the oddities.
Pictures don't do this game justice but I have never played it so I
can't say anything on the playability.

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

If Looks could Kill then it looks like a fun game to me , 6803s
are not my strong points & I might kick myself later for not buying it
,,, Oh well, Caint save them all !!!

Pin-Del,

I've played it. It looks great. Very deep game (height wise), many
levels. Starts you off with 3 balls every round. Has 3 or 4 different
playfield levels, each with thier own set of flippers. Having so many
playfields. there isn't a lot of room for playablitiy. Not a lot of
shots and the 3 balls make it very crowded and you get a lot of
drainage. I didn't care for it personally. I like a lot of things to
shoot for thou. :/

Thats a great price for a great game! The only major issues are the
trough optos. This was Bally's firts foray into optos but they are
fixable. Fun game! You start off in multiball and basically you are
controlling a bunch of dirt bikes in a heated enduro. Plenty of ramps
and tiring flipper action ;)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Hi Del,

I had one that I sold. Very unique "novelty" game. As others
mentioned, starts out in Multiball. The playfield is multi-level and
very "organic" ala WhiteWater (same designer). If I had more space, I
would have kept it, but decided to sell it.

Pretty neat, but the novelty does wear off :)

Best,
Ben

Del wrote:
> Hey Group,
> I found a game & wanted to know if any RGPers own a Blackwater
> 100 & if its any good play wize ??
>
> Game is complete but un-known working shape & I'm just looking for
> anyone who has owned or still owns one of these,
>
> Thanks for any help !!
>
> Pin-Del,

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have one and its an OK game. Mine wasn't working either when I bought it.
It booted up and and turned out that just the optos in the ball trough
weren't all working. I replaced the resistors and transistors, and it works
fine. Its a bit of a pain to shop out, but not the worst. I always thought
this would be a great game for hyperactive kids just because of so much
happening so fast with multiball right off the bat.
Eric

Nwojedi wrote:

> I've played it. It looks great. Very deep game (height wise), many
> levels. Starts you off with 3 balls every round. Has 3 or 4 different
> playfield levels, each with thier own set of flippers. Having so many
> playfields. there isn't a lot of room for playablitiy. Not a lot of
> shots and the 3 balls make it very crowded and you get a lot of
> drainage. I didn't care for it personally. I like a lot of things to
> shoot for thou. :/

Luckily, there are lots of different reasons for wanting different
games. I wanted a Blackwater because it had something I had not
seen on any other game, namely a ramp that snaked alongside the left
part of the cabinet and dumped the ball onto a playfield that was
right in front of the lockdown bar...no score apron there! I also
thought it would be neat to have it next to my Banzai Run.

As for crowded, well, after two of the three balls drain, you're back
to one ball and taking specific shots. You can even "park" a ball in
one or both of the saucers, and they are held there for 20 seconds
while you are busy elsewhere. There are some unusual shots, one is
the Cliffhanger ramp at the very back. It is sort of a cross between
an orbit and a one-walled ramp, not easy to hit! There is also the
Mean Moon Rocks targets that are at the top of a short, steep ramp.
I think there's plenty of "playability", and it is very different
from other games. I like owning it and Orbitor 1 just to be able to
take them to shows for the variety.

--Bob

Bob Ellingson bobe@halted.com
Halted Specialties Co., Inc. http://www.halted.com
3500 Ryder St. (408) 732-1573
Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)

I hope someone picks it up. It's to far for me.
Having raced the Blackwater 100 (on my mountain bike), I always wanted
to play one. Several of my friends used to win their classes or even
overall.
I finally got the chance at last years PAPA. There wasn't one to play
this year, although I thought that one was supposed to be in the
facility.
The play was something that would take some getting used to. Starts off
in a fury instead of building up to one. Best thing to is to try and
lock/ hold a ball or two in the saucers and then shoot the ramps.

Lee

klevens wrote:
> I finally got the chance at last years PAPA. There wasn't one to play
> this year, although I thought that one was supposed to be in the
> facility.

The one for this year's PAPA wasn't ready in time. It needs
retrofitted with some unique parts from the flooded Blackwater,
so we'll have it ready for next year instead.

Also, Empire Strikes Back didn't make it in time because it
spent six weeks on hold for USDA inspection, of all things.

Kevin

Del,

Did you get my email. I am interested in this game.

- Kevin

PinBotz -- Enhancements for Classic Pinball Machines
http://www.pinbotz.com