Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 online installation onto new computer?

Last response: in Windows 7
December 2, 2012 9:11:23 PM

I have an online download from my university but I'm not sure how I am supposed to install it onto my new computer, which has a blank 500 GB HDD. Any ideas?
a b $ Windows 7
December 2, 2012 9:18:06 PM

Hi :) 

Write it to dvd disc.... I hope you have a LEGAL key.... it wont work without it..

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 2, 2012 9:19:21 PM

Have to download on another PC and burn the .iso to a DVD, then boot the new PC from that DVD and install.
m
l
Related resources
December 2, 2012 9:47:36 PM

Yea I'll connect to the Campus Key Manager and get a key. So how would I get the .iso after I download windows 7 (sorry never done anything like this before)?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 2, 2012 11:01:42 PM

If u have access to a win 7 pc it burns iso to disk without additionsl software. Otherwise can do that.
m
l
December 2, 2012 11:06:07 PM

Wait if I can download the installation onto an external hard drive, hook it up to a windows 7 laptop, and then tell the laptop to burn the files onto a disc?
m
l
December 3, 2012 8:12:18 PM

Hey guys, I was trying to burn my .iso onto my USB. I've installed everything it has asked, but there is a problem. On step 3 of 4 it asks for my USB device. My USB is plugged in but it still says "No compatible USB devices were detected." My computer can detect it and I have even run a quick format on it. Any ideas? I was going to try to put it on a disc but I don't think a disc has enough space (btw my HDD is 80GB).
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
December 4, 2012 1:12:14 AM

that because it need driver for the usb controller burn it on a dvd,the iso will fit in but the best way you have to install for now is the iso dvd
December 4, 2012 2:39:25 AM

Best answer selected by koi_fish.
m
l
!