Solved

Windows 7 online installation onto new computer?

I have an online download from my university but I'm not sure how I am supposed to install it onto my new computer, which has a blank 500 GB HDD. Any ideas?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows online installation computer
  1. Hi :)

Write it to dvd disc.... I hope you have a LEGAL key.... it wont work without it..

All the best Brett :)
  2. Have to download on another PC and burn the .iso to a DVD, then boot the new PC from that DVD and install.
  3. Yea I'll connect to the Campus Key Manager and get a key. So how would I get the .iso after I download windows 7 (sorry never done anything like this before)?
  4. Could I use the .iso from this ( http://www.pcworld.com/article/248995/how_to_install_windows_7_without_the_disc.html ) to burn to a disc and install windows 7, then go to the website and download the university version?
  5. If u have access to a win 7 pc it burns iso to disk without additionsl software. Otherwise can do that.
  6. Wait if I can download the installation onto an external hard drive, hook it up to a windows 7 laptop, and then tell the laptop to burn the files onto a disc?
  7. Hey guys, I was trying to burn my .iso onto my USB. I've installed everything it has asked, but there is a problem. On step 3 of 4 it asks for my USB device. My USB is plugged in but it still says "No compatible USB devices were detected." My computer can detect it and I have even run a quick format on it. Any ideas? I was going to try to put it on a disc but I don't think a disc has enough space (btw my HDD is 80GB).
  8. Best answer
    that because it need driver for the usb controller burn it on a dvd,the iso will fit in but the best way you have to install for now is the iso dvd
  9. Best answer selected by koi_fish.
Ask a new question

Read More

Download Windows 7 Computers