TECH.Scared Stiff gate help

The upper left gate on my Scared Stiff is broke and I have read that
this is not uncommon. At a glance it looks like both ramps have to be
removed to gain access to the gate. Is that correct or is there a
simpler way? Any help appreciated. Thanks Tom,

pt

Sounds like a good time to do a good cleaning and wax while you have
the ramps out! Maybe you can remove the backboard and snake a 1/4
wrench in there, but I doubt it.

The wire on the OEM gate is too small and bends or breaks. Making a
new wire from stronger material like a bike spoke is the prefered fix.
Don't use a paperclip.

Bite the bullet and pull the ramps, do some cleaning, replace rubbers
and whatever else you can think of while you are down there.

Good luck
John