Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

can't pull out USB pen drive

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 1:39:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I installed an USB pendrive (ByteStor 32 MB) on my windows XP-PC. (Dell
8300)
It works great, but when I remove the pen drive, I get a blue screen with
"BAD_POOL_CALLER" and the mention "STOP: 0X000000C2".
I found no conflicting IRQ... The pendrive is plug and play (no drivers
needed), but it seems not to be pull and play...
Has anyone an idea?
Thanks in advance,
Jeff

More about : pull usb pen drive

Anonymous
June 13, 2004 1:39:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

You're clicking on the icon in the status bar and STOPPING it prior to
removing it, right?

Tom
"Jef Régal" <jozef.regal@chello.be> wrote in message
news:kKKyc.266$D67.264@amsnews02.chello.com...
> I installed an USB pendrive (ByteStor 32 MB) on my windows XP-PC. (Dell
> 8300)
> It works great, but when I remove the pen drive, I get a blue screen with
> "BAD_POOL_CALLER" and the mention "STOP: 0X000000C2".
> I found no conflicting IRQ... The pendrive is plug and play (no drivers
> needed), but it seems not to be pull and play...
> Has anyone an idea?
> Thanks in advance,
> Jeff
>
>
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 2:18:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in news:uISdnchXHobj4FbdRVn-
hg@comcast.com:

> You're clicking on the icon in the status bar and STOPPING it prior to
> removing it, right?

Or, settings its properties for "Optimize for quick removal?"


--
Tom McCune
My PGP Page & FAQ: http://www.McCune.cc/PGP.htm
Related resources
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 3:27:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Jef Régal wrote:
> I installed an USB pendrive (ByteStor 32 MB) on my windows XP-PC. (Dell
> 8300)
> It works great, but when I remove the pen drive, I get a blue screen with
> "BAD_POOL_CALLER" and the mention "STOP: 0X000000C2".
> I found no conflicting IRQ... The pendrive is plug and play (no drivers
> needed), but it seems not to be pull and play...
> Has anyone an idea?
> Thanks in advance,
> Jeff
>
>

Check out the following from Microsoft Technet:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

Device might be faulty or a specific driver just might
be needed. Contacting ByteStor might also be helpful.
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 11:26:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Tom McCune" <news@DELETE_THISmccune.cc> schreef in bericht
news:ajLyc.68562$j24.44131@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in news:uISdnchXHobj4FbdRVn-
> hg@comcast.com:
>
> > You're clicking on the icon in the status bar and STOPPING it prior to
> > removing it, right?
>
> Or, settings its properties for "Optimize for quick removal?"
>
>
Both make no difference... Windows XP hangs when I pull out the pen drive...
I can uninstall the 30MB partition of the pen drive and drive F is then no
longer visible in "my computer"; but when I disable the 1.4 MB partition of
the pen drive, the computer hangs with the same messages, even without
pulling out the pen drive...

Jef
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 11:26:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I'm confused. Your pen drive has two partitions on it? Perhaps XP isn't
expecting that.


"Jef Régal" <jozef.regal@chello.be> wrote in message
news:_Zmzc.1246$D67.255@amsnews02.chello.com...
>
> "Tom McCune" <news@DELETE_THISmccune.cc> schreef in bericht
> news:ajLyc.68562$j24.44131@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in news:uISdnchXHobj4FbdRVn-
> > hg@comcast.com:
> >
> > > You're clicking on the icon in the status bar and STOPPING it prior to
> > > removing it, right?
> >
> > Or, settings its properties for "Optimize for quick removal?"
> >
> >
> Both make no difference... Windows XP hangs when I pull out the pen
drive...
> I can uninstall the 30MB partition of the pen drive and drive F is then
no
> longer visible in "my computer"; but when I disable the 1.4 MB partition
of
> the pen drive, the computer hangs with the same messages, even without
> pulling out the pen drive...
>
> Jef
>
>
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 12:06:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Indeed, when I install the Pen Drive on an older computer with Windows 98 SE
( after installing the drivers from the Pen Drive CD), there is no problem
at all...

Jef

"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> schreef in bericht
news:ZrWdnbGuwISchVPdRVn-ug@comcast.com...
> I'm confused. Your pen drive has two partitions on it? Perhaps XP isn't
> expecting that.
>
>
> "Jef Régal" <jozef.regal@chello.be> wrote in message
> news:_Zmzc.1246$D67.255@amsnews02.chello.com...
> >
> > "Tom McCune" <news@DELETE_THISmccune.cc> schreef in bericht
> > news:ajLyc.68562$j24.44131@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> > > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in news:uISdnchXHobj4FbdRVn-
> > > hg@comcast.com:
> > >
> > > > You're clicking on the icon in the status bar and STOPPING it prior
to
> > > > removing it, right?
> > >
> > > Or, settings its properties for "Optimize for quick removal?"
> > >
> > >
> > Both make no difference... Windows XP hangs when I pull out the pen
> drive...
> > I can uninstall the 30MB partition of the pen drive and drive F is then
> no
> > longer visible in "my computer"; but when I disable the 1.4 MB partition
> of
> > the pen drive, the computer hangs with the same messages, even without
> > pulling out the pen drive...
> >
> > Jef
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
June 15, 2004 12:06:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I have seen Norton AV cause this when its 'scan removable media' feature is
enabled.


"Jef Régal" <jozef.regal@chello.be> wrote in message
news:y6yzc.1278$D67.348@amsnews02.chello.com...
> Indeed, when I install the Pen Drive on an older computer with Windows 98
SE
> ( after installing the drivers from the Pen Drive CD), there is no problem
> at all...
>
> Jef
>
> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> schreef in bericht
> news:ZrWdnbGuwISchVPdRVn-ug@comcast.com...
> > I'm confused. Your pen drive has two partitions on it? Perhaps XP isn't
> > expecting that.
> >
> >
> > "Jef Régal" <jozef.regal@chello.be> wrote in message
> > news:_Zmzc.1246$D67.255@amsnews02.chello.com...
> > >
> > > "Tom McCune" <news@DELETE_THISmccune.cc> schreef in bericht
> > > news:ajLyc.68562$j24.44131@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> > > > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in
news:uISdnchXHobj4FbdRVn-
> > > > hg@comcast.com:
> > > >
> > > > > You're clicking on the icon in the status bar and STOPPING it
prior
> to
> > > > > removing it, right?
> > > >
> > > > Or, settings its properties for "Optimize for quick removal?"
> > > >
> > > >
> > > Both make no difference... Windows XP hangs when I pull out the pen
> > drive...
> > > I can uninstall the 30MB partition of the pen drive and drive F is
then
> > no
> > > longer visible in "my computer"; but when I disable the 1.4 MB
partition
> > of
> > > the pen drive, the computer hangs with the same messages, even without
> > > pulling out the pen drive...
> > >
> > > Jef
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
!