can't pull out USB pen drive

I installed an USB pendrive (ByteStor 32 MB) on my windows XP-PC. (Dell
8300)
It works great, but when I remove the pen drive, I get a blue screen with
"BAD_POOL_CALLER" and the mention "STOP: 0X000000C2".
I found no conflicting IRQ... The pendrive is plug and play (no drivers
needed), but it seems not to be pull and play...
Has anyone an idea?
Thanks in advance,
Jeff
7 answers Last reply
More about pull drive

    You're clicking on the icon in the status bar and STOPPING it prior to
    removing it, right?

    Tom

    "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in news:uISdnchXHobj4FbdRVn-
    hg@comcast.com:

    > You're clicking on the icon in the status bar and STOPPING it prior to
    > removing it, right?

    Or, settings its properties for "Optimize for quick removal?"

    --
    Tom McCune

    Jef Régal wrote:
    > I installed an USB pendrive (ByteStor 32 MB) on my windows XP-PC. (Dell
    > 8300)
    > It works great, but when I remove the pen drive, I get a blue screen with
    > "BAD_POOL_CALLER" and the mention "STOP: 0X000000C2".
    > I found no conflicting IRQ... The pendrive is plug and play (no drivers
    > needed), but it seems not to be pull and play...
    > Has anyone an idea?
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Jeff

    Check out the following from Microsoft Technet:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/bccodes_8k9z.asp

    Device might be faulty or a specific driver just might
    be needed. Contacting ByteStor might also be helpful.

    "Tom McCune" <news@DELETE_THISmccune.cc> schreef in bericht
    > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in news:uISdnchXHobj4FbdRVn-
    > hg@comcast.com:
    >
    > > You're clicking on the icon in the status bar and STOPPING it prior to
    > > removing it, right?
    >
    > Or, settings its properties for "Optimize for quick removal?"

    Both make no difference... Windows XP hangs when I pull out the pen drive...
    I can uninstall the 30MB partition of the pen drive and drive F is then no
    longer visible in "my computer"; but when I disable the 1.4 MB partition of
    the pen drive, the computer hangs with the same messages, even without
    pulling out the pen drive...

    Jef

    I'm confused. Your pen drive has two partitions on it? Perhaps XP isn't
    expecting that.

    > "Tom McCune" <news@DELETE_THISmccune.cc> schreef in bericht
    > > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in news:uISdnchXHobj4FbdRVn-
    > > hg@comcast.com:
    > >
    > > > You're clicking on the icon in the status bar and STOPPING it prior to
    > > > removing it, right?
    > >
    > > Or, settings its properties for "Optimize for quick removal?"
    > >

    > Both make no difference... Windows XP hangs when I pull out the pen
    drive...
    > I can uninstall the 30MB partition of the pen drive and drive F is then
    no
    > longer visible in "my computer"; but when I disable the 1.4 MB partition
    of
    > the pen drive, the computer hangs with the same messages, even without
    > pulling out the pen drive...
    >
    > Jef

    Indeed, when I install the Pen Drive on an older computer with Windows 98 SE
    ( after installing the drivers from the Pen Drive CD), there is no problem
    at all...

    Jef

    "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> schreef in bericht
    > I'm confused. Your pen drive has two partitions on it? Perhaps XP isn't
    > expecting that.
    >

    > "Jef Régal" <jozef.regal@chello.be> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Tom McCune" <news@DELETE_THISmccune.cc> schreef in bericht
    > > > "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in news:uISdnchXHobj4FbdRVn-
    > > > hg@comcast.com:

    > > > Or, settings its properties for "Optimize for quick removal?"
    > > >

    > > Both make no difference... Windows XP hangs when I pull out the pen
    > drive...
    > > I can uninstall the 30MB partition of the pen drive and drive F is then
    > no
    > > longer visible in "my computer"; but when I disable the 1.4 MB partition
    > of
    > > the pen drive, the computer hangs with the same messages, even without
    > > pulling out the pen drive...
    > >
    > > Jef

    I have seen Norton AV cause this when its 'scan removable media' feature is
    enabled.

    > > > Both make no difference... Windows XP hangs when I pull out the pen
    > > drive...
    > > > I can uninstall the 30MB partition of the pen drive and drive F is
    then
    > > no
    > > > longer visible in "my computer"; but when I disable the 1.4 MB
    partition
    > > of
    > > > the pen drive, the computer hangs with the same messages, even without
    > > > pulling out the pen drive...
    > > >
    > > > Jef

Dell Pendrive USB Computers