E-mail address for Microsoft Hotfixes?

Does anyone have an e-mail address to e-mail Microsoft for hotixes? I have
tried doing an e-mail request but when I put in my PID it says I should
contact my computer manufacturer. Does anyone have a direct e-mail address I
can use at all? If not, I suppose I will have to ring them, it just seems
silly because all it's for is a hotfix.

Thanks,

Steve
8 answers Last reply
More about mail address microsoft hotfixes

    Sparkes, at the top of your All Programs list in the start menu,
    you should see Windows Update.
    Just click on it .
    It should take you to the update site where they will search your computer
    for Critical Updates.
    This is where the Hot fixes come from.
    The will down load and install them for you.

    "sparkes" <sparkes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have an e-mail address to e-mail Microsoft for hotixes? I have
    > tried doing an e-mail request but when I put in my PID it says I should
    > contact my computer manufacturer. Does anyone have a direct e-mail address
    > can use at all? If not, I suppose I will have to ring them, it just seems
    > silly because all it's for is a hotfix.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Steve

    Well my PC is fully up to date but I'm not aware that this hotfix is included
    in the Windows Update. It is for the one below and seems pretty specific, so
    I don't think it would be rolled out to everyone:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;872789

    "Squire" wrote:

    > Sparkes, at the top of your All Programs list in the start menu,
    > you should see Windows Update.
    > Just click on it .
    > It should take you to the update site where they will search your computer
    > for Critical Updates.
    > This is where the Hot fixes come from.
    > The will down load and install them for you.

    "=?Utf-8?B?c3Bhcmtlcw==?=" <sparkes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

    That is why you need to phone them. They will verify with you that all
    conditions are being experienced befor issuing the hotfix. They also keep
    track of how many they issue. The fix may end up as an update in the
    future.

    > Well my PC is fully up to date but I'm not aware that this hotfix is
    > included in the Windows Update. It is for the one below and seems
    > pretty specific, so I don't think it would be rolled out to everyone:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;872789
    >
    > "Squire" wrote:
    >
    >> Sparkes, at the top of your All Programs list in the start menu,
    >> you should see Windows Update.
    >> Just click on it .
    >> It should take you to the update site where they will search your
    >> computer for Critical Updates.
    >> This is where the Hot fixes come from.
    >> The will down load and install them for you.

    sparkes: The only way they issue hotfixes is if you phone them.

    Tom
    "sparkes" <sparkes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Does anyone have an e-mail address to e-mail Microsoft for hotixes? I have
    | tried doing an e-mail request but when I put in my PID it says I should
    | contact my computer manufacturer. Does anyone have a direct e-mail address
    | can use at all? If not, I suppose I will have to ring them, it just seems
    | silly because all it's for is a hotfix.
    |
    | Thanks,
    |
    | Steve

    Not the hot fixes.

    Tom

    sparkes wrote:
    > Does anyone have an e-mail address to e-mail Microsoft for hotixes? I
    > have tried doing an e-mail request but when I put in my PID it says I
    > should contact my computer manufacturer. Does anyone have a direct
    > e-mail address I can use at all? If not, I suppose I will have to
    > ring them, it just seems silly because all it's for is a hotfix.

    Welcome to the insanity that is Microsoft, where no policy makes sense.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in

    > sparkes wrote:
    >> Does anyone have an e-mail address to e-mail Microsoft for hotixes? I
    >> have tried doing an e-mail request but when I put in my PID it says I
    >> should contact my computer manufacturer. Does anyone have a direct
    >> e-mail address I can use at all? If not, I suppose I will have to
    >> ring them, it just seems silly because all it's for is a hotfix.
    >
    > Welcome to the insanity that is Microsoft, where no policy makes sense.

    You need to call them so they can confirm that you actually need the
    hotfix. Hotfixes by their very nature are somewhat untested and aplpy
    only in very particular circumstances.

    The part below about calling is what you need to do. And only ask for
    the hotfix, any extra questions trip the money machine.

    To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support
    Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product
    Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs,
    visit the following Microsoft Web site:

    sparkes wrote:

    > Well my PC is fully up to date but I'm not aware that this hotfix is included
    > in the Windows Update. It is for the one below and seems pretty specific, so
    > I don't think it would be rolled out to everyone:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;872789
    >
    > "Squire" wrote:
    >

    >>Sparkes, at the top of your All Programs list in the start menu,
    >>you should see Windows Update.
    >>Just click on it .
    >>It should take you to the update site where they will search your computer
    >>for Critical Updates.
    >>This is where the Hot fixes come from.
    >>The will down load and install them for you.

Email Microsoft Windows XP