I bought my desktop (Compaq presario SR1519x with pre installed XP home. I
have partitioned my HD and install XP pro instead. Bu now I am having problem
with Audio device. The manufacturer are saying that the audio driver they
provided only works with there pre-installed home edition vertion. Their
suggestion is to reinstall XP home. But I want to keep my XP pro. So what can
I do to force my OS to recognize the audio device which is Realtek AC'97/
Azalia 8 channel audio?

kelly

Start here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Realtek+AC%2797+XP+drivers

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.