HP7202A Graphics Plotter ?????

I recently picked up an HP 7202 XY Graphics Plotter. The thing is
ancient but still powers up. I am looking for any information that is
available on this beastie. A manual would be great. It uses a 15 pin
D sub for communications and I dont know if thats parallel, serial or
what. We may have a project for it if I can get it talking to
windows. If anyone has any information on this plotter it would be
much appreciated.

I can be reached directly at info@triacengineering.com.

Thanks for any help that any may offer.

> I recently picked up an HP 7202 XY Graphics Plotter. The thing is
> ancient but still powers up. I am looking for any information that is
> available on this beastie. A manual would be great. It uses a 15 pin
> D sub for communications and I dont know if thats parallel, serial or
> what.

If it's 15 pin and the connector looks chunky that's probably HP-IB
(same as IEEE-488 basically). Look for the HP-GL plotter language if you
want to speak to it, quite widely supported.

--
Who needs a life when you've got Unix? :)
Email: john@unixnerd.demon.co.uk, John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland

TRENDING THREADS