Sign in with
Your question

Very annoying touchpad problem on my Pavillion dv6

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 15, 2011 4:49:04 PM

Hi all,

I just got an HP Pavillion DV6-3064a, and the new touchpad they have is horrific. The bottom region of the touchpad acts the same as the top in that you can move the pointer around just as much. This makes it so I can only use one finger on the touchpad at a time.. which is very annoying because for 20 years I've always rested my thumb on the bottom region. I did some googleing and found a thread with the same problem, but the answers never worked.. Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks so much.
November 15, 2011 7:19:56 PM

did anyone answer your question, I have the same computer for a week now and absolutely HATE the touchpad, what an annoying POS, but the rest of the computer is great, just have to use a mouse (which I'd prefer not to)

I too am looking for a way to turn off the sensitivity on the bottom left so that I can only click on it and not have it moving around while I'm typing

dmarquand said:
Hi all,

I just got an HP Pavillion DV6-3064a, and the new touchpad they have is horrific. The bottom region of the touchpad acts the same as the top in that you can move the pointer around just as much. This makes it so I can only use one finger on the touchpad at a time.. which is very annoying because for 20 years I've always rested my thumb on the bottom region. I did some googleing and found a thread with the same problem, but the answers never worked.. Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks so much.

m
l
April 3, 2012 2:14:03 PM

tobinsmith said:
did anyone answer your question, I have the same computer for a week now and absolutely HATE the touchpad, what an annoying POS, but the rest of the computer is great, just have to use a mouse (which I'd prefer not to)

I too am looking for a way to turn off the sensitivity on the bottom left so that I can only click on it and not have it moving around while I'm typing

Hey. Have you guys found a way to turn it off yet? I have been putting up with it for ages and hate it too.
If you know any way to isolate the buttons, please let me know.
Cheers
Simon
kitcho207@yahoo.com.au
m
l
!