Missing Data1.MSI File

Not sure if this the right group to post but thought it worth a try.

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP2, Word 2000, Excel 2000, PowerPoint
2000 and Outlook 2003 on my pc.

I'm getting an error message that refers to a missing data1.msi file and
would I please load the Office 2000 CD-ROM. I do that and it clears the
error until the next time.

There's a reference to this in the knowledge base which suggests that it
should be resolved following reference to the CD-ROM, but for me it happens
daily. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated - perhaps where
to put the data1.msi file on the pc so that the applications can find it.

Thanks,

Andrew
1 answer Last reply
More about missing data1 file

    Hi Andrew,

    See if line 171 (right hand side) helps:

    Added info:

    Windows Installer start every time I start XP. If you have SpywareGuard
    installed, disable it and try again.

    Added info:

    "Every time I launch my application, Windows Installer performs an
    installation. How can I determine the cause of the on-demand installation?"
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/management/msi_faq.mspx

    Windows Installer Issues (Line 348) Right hand side

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    In memory of those lost during Katrina &
    Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

    "Andrew Mawby" <andrew@mawbya.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Not sure if this the right group to post but thought it worth a try.
    >
    > I'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP2, Word 2000, Excel 2000, PowerPoint
    > 2000 and Outlook 2003 on my pc.
    >
    > I'm getting an error message that refers to a missing data1.msi file and
    > would I please load the Office 2000 CD-ROM. I do that and it clears the
    > error until the next time.
    >
    > There's a reference to this in the knowledge base which suggests that it
    > should be resolved following reference to the CD-ROM, but for me it
    > happens daily. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated -
    > perhaps where to put the data1.msi file on the pc so that the applications
    > can find it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Andrew

Windows XP MSI-Microstar