What tools are needed to remove a playfield(Close Encounte..

Tags:
  • Games
  • Electronic
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 20, 2005 5:04:06 PM

I have a Close Encounters (Gottlieb) that I want to remove the
playfield from the cab , should I just cut all the wire and pull ?I
plan on using the playfield to make a coffee table so Im not concerned
with preservig its electronic integrity....TIA...Sethlove

More about : tools needed remove playfield close encounte

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 5:33:08 PM

Unplug all of harnesses from the playfield, and it should pull right
out. I wouldn't cut the wires, because you never know when you or
someone else might need those harnesses down the road.

BTW, I don't know how you're constructing it, but you had better
account for some depth in your coffee table due to the roto target.

Jim
--
flipper [at] pa [dot] net
Anonymous

Open up the backbox and unplug anything you can drop down into the
lower cabinet. Then it should lift up and out easily. If you can
design the depth of the coffee table to hold all that stuff inside,
leaving it attached would be the WTG.

After you get the PF out send me the pcb board set and displays :)  I
live for haveing extras.

zTim
August 20, 2005 8:49:20 PM

I am restoring a close encounters and could use some of the parts you
dont need if you are just keeping the playfield.
you can contact me through my website
www.timsarcade.net
Tim
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 10:41:13 AM

I think everyone has answered your question on how to get it out... :)
I really need the plug that goes between the cpu and the driver board.
:)  I'll of course pay for it :)  any condition is fine :)

mikep28 at insightbb dot com
!