No sound from anywhere

solidsnake89x

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
I just finished my 1st build and my sound is not working. I have all the right drivers, I'm just using the speakers on the monitor (ASUS VH236H 23" Widescreen HD LCD Monitor 1080p) these are whats showing for the sound settings. I tried headphones too and still nothing.

28i6m2p.jpg

Solution
you have to open the control panel on the monitor ( one of those menu buttons on the monitor ) and look for the sound. select enable............ and menus for most monitors are a pain to get used to. keep at it, it's there somewhere.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
when you plug an audio cable into the back of the Pc , it should auto sense the jack.
As said it is likely that in the monitor menu the speakers of the monitor are turned off. so turn them on you should then get audio.
If this does not work then you have to go into the windows sound bar and right click on the device and set it as default audio output device in playback.
Set as default device.

If using HDMI, you must set the default audio output to HDMI.

Sometimes, Windows will autodefault to the onboard sound during install, the easeiest way to avoid this is unstall the normall sound card from device manager, disable from with BIOS and then Windows is forced to use the HDMI as the ouput.

You have of course installed all the drivers for the video card to support HDMI Audio?